Recent Customer Reviews
Martin Yale Model 1217A Medium-Duty AutoFolder, 10300 Sheets/Hour
Manufacturer tried to avoid warranty
- Pros: Easy to assemble; instructions are satisfactory.
- Cons: Broke on second use within one week of purchase; due to the poor feeding system (a rubber roller), the machine grabbed 20+ pages and the incredible force ruptured the mechanics. Some of the paper sheets ended up down in the motor.
Took 8 weeks to get a return authorization from Martin Yale; then I waited 6 months (unbelievable!) and still didn't get the folding machine back. I eventually found out they were just holding the machine and awaiting payment of about $350 in additional repair costs.
I filed complaints with the company and with the BBB and finally was sent the folding machine back. It was repaired, but a couple parts were loose and had to be reattached. The design flaw remains, however: the machine has to be closely monitored because it will still grab many sheets at a time. As a result only a few sheets can be fed at a time.
- Other Thoughts: The Martin Yale head of sales whom I spoke to also responds to complaints. She was very rude on multiple occasions. In her response to the BBB she claimed the folding machine had shown prolonged misuse. Again, I used the folding machine twice and boxed it up the second it had a problem. She also claimed it was "dirty".
Martin Yale handled my warranty claim with the worst level of professionalism conceivable. I have found other customers have reported on review sites that they were treated similarly by Martin Yale with respect to warranty problems, where Martin Yale held their equipment to get extra money.
Reviewed By:interneteffects,7/4/2011 7:30:28 PM
This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is Somewhat High and has owned this product 1 month to 1 year.
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Martin Yale Ease-of-Use Tabletop AutoFolder, 9,000 Sheets per Hour
Works... but get your screw driver ready
- Pros: It goes very quickly, and does its job very well folding papers perfectly every time.. Plenty of customizations.
- Cons: I had to take this unit apart sometimes 4 times a day! This is being used at a tax office. Says it can do 9,000 per hour, no more like 400, then the papers get stuck in the machine, and the machine doesn't stop and it gets so jammed up you have to take it completely apart. I would sometimes use a rubber treating solution on the rollers to ensure they would still work.
- Other Thoughts: We were looking for another brand, but couldn't afford to buy another one. We decided if you truly need it for a lot of work, go with something higher end, that pushes the folded sheets out lower than the exit. There is a serious design flaw with this machine. Going horizontal does not work. This unit was poorly designed.
Reviewed By:MACTECH,6/17/2010 10:07:20 AM
This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is Somewhat High and has owned this product more than 1 year.
Did you find this review helpful?