Recent Customer Reviews
Sports Protective Gear
2PACK - Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff Ear Protection
Good, but doesn't do exactly what it says
- Pros: I bought these on a Daily Special for $48 a pair. Combined with free shipping, I think I got a pretty good deal.
These earmuffs are comfortable and are very effective at both loud noise reduction and amplifying ambient sounds. I've taken them to the range and they work very well. If someone else is wearing them, you can literally whisper to each other, but they protect your hearing at the same time. I am looking forward to my first hunting trip with these along.
- Cons: On the other hand, they are advertised to have an "External audio input" in order "to connect your mp3 player or other audio source," and while they do, in order to hear anything hooked up to it, the earmuff's volume must be turned up so high that ambient sounds (like passing cars) tend to drown out whatever I'm listening to (the earmuffs amplify all sound up to 82 dB's). And that's when there are no loud sounds. When doing something with sustained loud noise (I was mowing the lawn), the earmuffs drop not only the mic's volume, but also the audio jack's.
- Other Thoughts: Overall, I'm very happy with these so far. I bought them to go target shooting and hunting, and I think they work great for that. I thought the audio jack would be a bonus, but it is pretty much useless, so minus an egg for poor execution.
Reviewed By:Psychobob,5/16/2012 11:55:56 AM
This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is Somewhat High and has owned this product 1 week to 1 month.
This user purchased this item from Newegg
Did you find this review helpful?
Sports Protective Gear
Howard Leight Impact Pro Earmuff Black Electric NRR 30 AUX Cord R-01902
Howard Leight Pro
- Pros: I have two of these I bought at the gun shop and just purchased one more here on Newegg for my wife so she can join my son and I at the range.
My son Jack turned 15 in March; I bought him a Browning Buck Mark 22 pistol for his birthday. We went to the range with our old ear muffs, it was impossible to communicate; I didn’t feel it was a safe situation. Our local indoor range/gun store recommended the Howard Leight Impact Sport’s, but after using them it was clear that ear plugs were necessary with these ear muffs do to the extreme noise associated with an indoor shooting range. After a few weeks I saw the new Impact Pro’s on display … I returned the Howard Leight Impact Sport’s and bought the Pro’s.
- Cons: Your Kidding ... Wow these really work great! I compared the electronic Pro’s to my Peltor non electronic ear muffs and they were every bit the equal but now I can talk to my son without yelling, you don’t have to raise your voice at all. You can hear as much or as little as you want with out letting the real loud shooting noise from the range in. We had someone on our right shooting some kind of urban assault canon and the guy on our left was trying to top him with every shoot. It’s so important to be able to communicate when teaching gun safety; now I can enjoy the range with my son.
- Other Thoughts: These ear muffs are incredible … The Howard Leight Pro’s win the indoor range test hands down. High quality, access to the batteries is a synch, the fit is perfect (the Sport’s didn’t fit my son vary well) and the electronic wizardry works flawlessly.
Reviewed By:Tailspin,4/21/2012 4:25:01 PM
This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is High and has owned this product 1 week to 1 month.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.