Leading Online Electronics Retailer Newegg
Announces Its “Top Partner 2008 Awards”
2/03/2009 Press Release
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - Newegg Inc., the second-largest online-only retailer in the U.S., announced the winners of its “Top Partner 2008” Awards, honoring those manufacturers that have helped the company grow and expand throughout 2008. Prestigious Gold Award winners in several key categories included: Canon for “Best Technology Launch” for its Model SD990 digital camera; Western Digital for “Best Selling SKU” for its Caviar 500GB SATA Hard Drive; and Onkyo for “Best New Vendor”.# # #
The awards were presented earlier this month during the 2009 CES convention in Las Vegas at Newegg’s first-ever vendor appreciation event ceremony at the Wynn Hotel. Newegg Chairman and CEO, Mr. Tally Liu, greeted attendees and noted that the Top Partner awards are Newegg’s way of showing its appreciation to its valued manufacturing partners and recognizing their exceptional performance and contributions. He went on to note that despite the challenging economy in 2008 Newegg continued to break performance records, passing the $2 billion revenue threshold, and closing with the best year in the company’s history.
Michael Amkreutz, Newegg VP of Product Management, noted: “At a time when all retailers are being tested in the crucible of the current economic crisis, the strength of Newegg’s business model, based on providing the best possible selection of products, great prices and superior customer service, has proven to be effective. Our Top Partner Awards are a way for us to thank our vendor partners, without whom our success would not be possible. With their continued support, we’re confident that our proven business model will allow us to continue to grow and expand in the future.”
Newegg honored its valued manufacturing partners with Gold, Silver and Bronze Top Partner 2008 Awards, as noted, in the following categories:
- Best Technology Launch: Gold, Canon; Silver, AMD; Bronze, Samsung.
- Best Selling SKU: Gold, Western Digital; Silver, LiteOn; Bronze, Kingston.
- Best Account Representation: Gold, Liz Wallsom/Corsair.
- YOY Growth: Gold, Toshiba; Silver, Nokia; Bronze, Acer.
- Best VF Partner: Ingram Micro.
- Best New Vendor: Gold, Onkyo; Silver, Nippon Labs; Bronze, Polk Audio.
- Best Customer Satisfaction: Gold, Antec; Silver, G.Skill; Bronze, Seagate.
- Best Merchandising Campaign: Gold, AMD; Silver, Hewlett Packard; Bronze, Linskys.
- Total Brand Sales: Gold, Intel; Silver, ASUS; Bronze, Western Digital.
- Best RMA Service: Gold, Crucial; Silver, MSI; Bronze, EVGA.
Newegg.com Inc. is the second-largest online-only retailer in the United States. Founded in 2001, Newegg has more than 11 million registered users and regularly earns industry-leading customer service ratings. At its award-winning web site, www.newegg.com, customers can shop for a comprehensive selection of the latest high-tech products, view detailed product descriptions, pictures, how-to information and customer reviews, and interact with members of the technology enthusiast community. Newegg.com Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Newegg Inc. and is headquartered in City of Industry, California.
« Back to Newsroom