Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
With this Hawkspy LT-711 Coaxial R/C Helicopter, you've got the coolest toy around! The LT-711 not only features the coolest flying capabilities around, but also features a built-in video camera! Take high-resolution videos as you fly and then upload them with the included microSD card!
The remote control operates on six AA batteries (not included) and you can charge the helicopter with ease by the included wall AC charger! The transmitter utilizes Radio Control technology, which gives you greater control of the aircraft.
* 360 definite directions with built-in GYRO.
* Built-in 300,000 pixels Digital Video Camera.
* Shoot video right from the cockpit of the HawkSpy (AVI format, 640 x 480p).
* 1GB Micro SD Card included (about 25 mins video capturing )
* Remote ON/OFF Video Capturing.
* Outdoor or Indoor Flight, Digital Radio Controlled.
* 3.5 channel control allows up/down, forward/backward, rotate left/right flight.
* Helicopter Battery: 7.4v 1300mAh Rechargeable Li-Po Battery
* Charging Time: 100 minutes
* Flight Duration: 8-15 minutes
* Front bright LED landing light and rear bright blue LED light
* Transmitter Batteries: 6 x size AA Batteries (NOT included)
* Control Specification: up/down, forward/backward, rotate left/right flight
* Control Range: Up to 20-50 meters (66 ft)
* Dimentions: 9.5 x 16.61 x 22-inches (H x W x D, approximate)
* Hawkspy Plus LT-711 RC Helicopter with Video Camera
* Remote Controller
* AC 110v-220V/6V/450mAH Wall Battery Charger
* Replacement Tail Blade
* 1GB Micro SD Card
* Instruction Manual
Pros: None. Maybe after I get it working.
Cons: Controller DOA - power light doesn't even light. Checked battery connections, showing 4.8V on each bank of 3 AAs. Only clue as to how to get support is to "email [us] through [our] Contact Us forum on the site", but nowhere do they give a URL. Not a hint as to who they are or where they are.
Other Thoughts: I'm also missing a connect buckle, as others have mentioned. I see no need for 2 of them, other than redundancy, so it may be missing by design.
Did you find this review helpful?
Pros: hey its got a camera!
Cons: not easy to get started.. One of the connect buckles was missing. Lucky I'm a helifreak and have a dremel tool. I made my own. its totally fixed now and waiting on the charge. Disappointing to see the buckle missing after I had it out of the box.
Did you find this review helpful?
Pros: This helicopter is pretty cool. We bought it for my son's 12th birthday and had it out flying, albeit badly, that night. We've crashed it a few times but everything has held up so far. The videos it records look better than I expected.
Cons: There is a pretty steep learning curve to flying this thing. Also, it seems like even the slightest breeze affects it.
Other Thoughts: I think getting this out to the park where it can really spread it's wings will really help to fly it well. I did notice that finding a flat surface to take off from makes it exponentially easier to get off the ground vs. the grass in my yard.
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo
“This helicopter is pretty cool. We bought it for my son's 12th birthday and had it out flying, albeit badly, that night. ...”— 3/21/2012
“Controller DOA - power light doesn't even light. Checked battery connections, showing 4.8V on each bank of 3 AAs. Only ...”— Mikey 12/25/2012