Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty: Ghosts. Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the critically-acclaimed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty engine.
Pros: OK I seriously laughed at the remarks the haters put on here which meant 1. The CPU they owned was bootsie and didn't get the full effect this beast has to offer. And 2. I REALLY LOL'ed at the so called "High end" PC owners that give this game a bad rating when the so called "High end" PC listed, I wouldn't even play WoW online with that. In order to get the full effects you seriously have to have a good SSD and and good CPU/GPU and you will run this at 100 FPS easy at full options up. Very smooth online play haven't glitched once or lagged up and offline play is a thing of beauty it completely craps on any console version.
Cons: If you don't have anything then a GXT 660 or Radeon 7700 at minimum spec wise. You're not going to get the 75+ FPS unless you are doing 2 GTX 550 or what not then maybe but I can only vouch for cards I played them on. And have at least AMD FX 6100 or Intel i-5 CPU and a good SSD other wise you run the serious risk of not getting the games full (online) potential.
Other Thoughts: Don't cry about a game that was meant to be played on a gamers PC. This game is one piece of the awesome rainbow.
ASRock Extreme9 990FX AMD FX 9590 5.0 GHz GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7970 OC Ghz Edition AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series 16GB Quad Channel OCZ Vertex Series 250GB Rosewill LIGHTNING 1300W 80 PLUS GOLD
0 out of 3 people found this review helpful.
Pros: Amazing graphics for 2007, similar gameplay mechanics as the previous 800 games, great for benchmarking by dual Xeon E5-2603 CPUs and my Crossfired 7990s. This game stressed my setup so hard that I'm already saving up to build a new system since COD Ghosts won't run at 60 FPS.
This game is the new Crysis of 2013. No system will run it at full potential. So, you'll need to wait at least three more years until AMD and Nvidia get their act together and catch up with Call of Duty's amazing game technology from 2007. AMD and Nvidia, this is unacceptable.
Cons: Dude, it's got recycled dogs from COD 4 (though they claimed that they were a new addition, so it must be so) and fish that move. What's not to like?
Other Thoughts: Those that don't like this game are just haters plain and simple. Either your computer, like mine, wasn't good enough to run this game or you're just mad. Get over it or get it on Xbox 360.
3 out of 7 people found this review helpful.
Pros: Wow! I really don't want to come off as a fanboy here, but lemme tell ya, I really enjoyed the game. I recently built a new system with i7 2700 and dual Evga 760 FTW in sli, the frames barely touches below 60. Story line seems to be new since MW and Black Ops seemed to be over with. Great ending, I mean what an ending. Graphic is pretty gorgeous, I mean there’s barely any scene that I didn't have to stop from what I was doing and looked around to appreciate and admire the deep graphics and how clean everything looked. Definitely deserves a replay. Oh! And I liked Riley.
Cons: The game demands premium hardware, you must have close to top of the line to play the way it meant to be played, demands large memory space, only 64bit Windows, large space of HDD. I mean the recommended Video card is GTX 760 FTW with the 4GB VRam. The story is pretty short, only 6 hours of game play. AI is somewhat mediocre; your mates rely on you heavily. You must have Steam account to activate game, but you don’t have to install it through DVD, you can download it. Despite all that, this game deserves 5 stars, I don’t care what any of you say.
Pros: * It's fun, and I did not have any of them on PC. Had a few on the Xbox.
Cons: * Little to no change from previous titles.
* If you check out Steam's stats page the maximum amount of players online is generally 15,000 or less. While that may sound like a lot generally there's only 2,000 people and you cannot form a group for anything other than TDM and Domination Search & Destory lobby returned No Players Found error. This is opposed to the Xbox which my brother has and after walking by saw 281,000 players online
* Large amount of disk space required. 66GB or something. Came with 4 DVD's.
* The system requirements are not accurate and are borderline comical. I have 8GB in this machine and it does not use the required 6GB. After monitoring it I think it's more around 2-3GB.
* The minimum GFX card specified on the box is a 550 ti. My NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 gets pushed at 95% on default 1080p settings and I have no idea where it's going to. The game is identical in 1080p to 1440x900. I just upgraded monitors... If you lower non-locked settings it looks like Doom 3 on Windows XP
* There are a lot of cheaters on the PC. They're not hackers; they're cheaters.
* I want to like this game. I want them to get their act together. Hopefully further patches will improve gameplay.
Other Thoughts: * My opinions are mixed on this game and I thought I would post this review because most are not helpful in what specifically is bad.
* I really do not care about graphics as a general rule; unless it somehow interfere's with my gameplay or system performance. I pay to have fun not to look at art.
* I've taken a break from this title because of the availability of other cheaper titles , and I think one of the prevailing reasons not many people are online is their computer is unable to run this game.
* The level of cheaters is odd. I mean, if you went 13 and 12 you actually might've done really well considering the other team could have used aimbots or something.
* I have never cheated at a PC game or modded or anything. I know they can't catch all of them but it must be really easy to find these hacks. If you're reading this and cheat all CoD ... why? If you have an aimbot why not just put the game back on the shelf? It plays itself right? Plus if you get caught you just spent $60 on a coaster... I don't get it.
* Between the lack of players online , the hiccups of either latency or low FPS ( makes aiming difficult. you shoot at someone and lag or low fps makes me miss ) every so often has caused me to pick up other games. I just have mixed feeling about this game and it's creators lack of innovation is discomforting. Their willingness to release the same bland game again and again shows lack of motivation as a programming team. Riding on the coat-tails of their old successes.
* The general consensus among my friends and I is earlier titles in the Call of Duty franchise were amazing and went downhill as the series increased in popularity.
Bottom Line: You can pick it up but understand that you probably should be a computer enthusiast that builds your computers beefy and you're buying effectively the same game. It's not a bad thing it's just something you should know going into it. I picked up Counter Strike: Global Offensive for $3 on Steam and I've been mostly playing that instead.
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!
Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions.Click here for more details.
This item is eligible for Newegg Premier benefits. Are you a Newegg Premier Member? If not, sign up today and get:
Free 3-day-or-less shipping on eligible items, discounts on 2- or 1-day delivery
Free shipping on returns using labels available on our website
Newegg’s gift-wrap service is the ideal solution for making your gift special!
Select your item as a gift, then add your message. Your gift will also be discreet with no prices being included on the packing slip.
Thank you for subscribing
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book to ensure delivery.
The franchise that has defined a generation of
gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all new Call of Duty: Ghosts . Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original ...
Overview Record setting game franchise, Call of
Duty, pushes the boundaries once again with the mind blowing Black Ops II . In Call of Duty: Black Ops II , players are propelled into a not so distant future dystopia ...