Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
The DuroStar Snow Demon is an easy to use machine that can remove snow from your driveway, sidewalk and patio. This is an easy-to-use machine that can move a lot of snow. Powered by a 9.7 amp motor, the Snow Demon clears your walkway in no time. The durable, 2 blade rotor, constructed of heavy grade steel, cuts a 16-inch wide path. The Snow Demon also features an adjustable discharge chute that rotates a complete 180-degrees to provide full control over the snow discharge direction. The chute deflector can also be adjusted to control the height of the snow stream. The Snow Demon is powered electrically, making it effortless to start and maintain.
* No gas, oil, or tune-ups are necessary
* The unit is CSAUS-approved.
• Powered by a 9.7 amp motor, the Snow Demon can throw snow up to 25 feet with an adjustable discharge chute that can be used to adjust the height and the direction of the snow stream.
• The 16 inch clearing width means most sidewalks can be handled in one or two passes.
• The 2 blade rotor is constructed of heavy grade steel and the rubber scrapers are designed to have an extra long life.
• Great for driveways, sidewalks, patios, decks, and more
• Easy instant on button
• 180 degree Adjustable snow chute lets you adjust height and direction of snow
• Powerful 9.7 amp 1200 watt motor
• More environmentally friendly than gas powered snow throwers
• Throws snow up to 25' at 1700RPM
• Clears snow in paths 16" wide
• CSAUS approved
Avoids admitting to all the specs...
Pros: Seems like a nice consumer product... I would imagine it is designed to handle 2 to 4 inches of snow. No doubt not for heavy duty amounts... so probably best suited as "preventive" maintenance. Not after a snow storm hits and you need to move 6 to 18 inches. Like the previous poster... I am in New England and the listing peaked my interest.
Cons: I work in advertising agencies... and this is typical marketing copy. They don't admit to all the details... usually your product hits focus groups. Come on, you know exactly what your product is designed to do and yet you do not list out everything up front for the consumer!
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
W/ snow only the depth matters
Pros: Electric blower, which I like.
Cons: The only thing that really matters w/ a snow blower is how many inches deep of snow it is made to go thru in one pass. I've read the description 3 times but can't find that important piece of information. I live in the northeast were we seem to either get 2 inches or 18 inches of snow. I simply can't buy this w/o knowing how useful it will be.
Other Thoughts: The description says both - The 16 inch clearing width means most sidewalks can be handled in one or two passes. and - Clears snow in paths 16" wide. If the stated width is 16" I'm pretty sure that very rectangular looking opening can't also be 16' high.
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo
“Electric blower, which I like.”— 12/1/2011
“I work in advertising agencies... and this is typical marketing copy. They don't admit to all the details... usually ...”— DoubleB 12/1/2011