Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Whats the difference between a USB 3.0 than a USB 2.0?
USB 3.0 has a maximum transfer rate of 5 Gbit/s.USB 2.0 has a maximum transfer rate of 480 Mbit/s (0.48 Gbit/s). So USB 3.0 is 10x faster
USB 3.0 also provides more power to devices that require higher amounts of power to operate. It can provide 50% more power than USB 2.0 does through the cable itself.
• Expand by connecting up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer
• Compatible with all Windows and Linux systems. Mac systems require latest Apple updates.
• Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts
• Powerful 2A laptop-style power adapter with cable. Hub is not a standalone charger.
• 7 per-port LEDs. Sleek black finish. All 7 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter.
• Product Description:
Connect up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Featuring the VIA VL812 Rev B1 USB 3.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility and performance. Attractive, solid, compact design with per-port LEDs for diagnosing connectivity.
- Compatible with all USB 3.0 hosts, including Windows 8 and earlier, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later.
- Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices.
- Requires no driver install (although individual devices will, as usual).
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 5Gbps allowing data to move quickly between devices. Ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
Power and Charging
Comes with premium 5V 2A power supply for supporting several devices requiring USB 3.0's more demanding 900mA per port power.
Functions as a USB hub only, not a standalone device charger: No special functionality for charging iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC.
• 1 x Brand new USB 3.0 7 Port Hub
• 1 x Power Adapter
• 1 x USB cable
This review is from: Professional USB 3.0 7 Port Hub + 5V 2A Power Adapter (VIA VL812 Chipset - USB 2.0 compatible)
Pros: Each port can be turned on and off. Each port has a pretty blue LED to show it is on. Does not need drivers.
Cons: Not stable. Would be nice to have some stability or an easy way to mount this once it has some or all the ports full it always falls over.
Did you find this review helpful?
This item is eligible for Newegg Premier benefits. Are you a Newegg Premier Member? If not, sign up today and get:
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "email@example.com" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo