Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers
The Audioengine P4 (AP4) is a high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as their powered speakers. Experience the signature Audioengine sound and quality but without their built-in amplifiers. Beautiful small and affordable AP4 is the perfect choice for your living room bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
Audioengine P4 Bookshelf Speakers Highlights:
- 4" 2-way passive front ported design
- Hand-built and custom finished cabinets
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- Silk dome tweeters and Kevlar woofers
- Excellent performance for music and movies
- Wall mount stand or shelf placement
Audioengine P4 Bookshelf Speakers Features:
Why passive speakers?
- The AP4 passive speakers are full-sounding bookshelf speakers in a satellite-sized package. The goal with AP4 was to design a small but powerful bookshelf speaker for people that already have surround receivers or amplifiers and are looking for the same Audioengine sound and quality in a passive loudspeaker.
Already have an amplifier?
- "If you already have an power amp or don't want to give up that big surround receiver then the AP4 is for you. The AP4 has excellent bass response for its size which is evident when used either as stereo speakers or as satellite surround speakers in your home theater setup. AP4 sounds great sitting on stands on a bookshelf or mounted on a wall using the integrated threaded inserts which are compatible with most wall or ceiling mount bracket systems."
Part of the Family
- Audioengine active and passive speaker models share a similar "voicing" and overall tuning so that you are assured a matched system no matter which of their speakers or Audioengine wireless adapters you decide to add to your system.
- The AP4 passive speakers are perfect for digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D Class-T etc.) as well as most stereo receivers integrated amps and tube amplifiers. The AP4 has a 4 ohm impedance rating but will sound great when connected to almost any receiver or power amp with 4 6 or 8 ohm speaker output impedance.
Hear the Difference
- The Audioengine P4 sets a new level of quality and easy setup. Mount a pair on a wall or stand as surround speakers in a home theater system or place them on a shelf or table for a compact stereo setup. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
Wall or Ceiling Mount
- The P4 speakers include two standard 1/4" threaded inserts on the rear panel and another insert on the bottom of each P4 cabinet for attaching a speaker mount or bracket. They recommend using products by companies such as OmniMount or Sanus. Before installing mounts or brackets make sure you consult all documentation and carefully follow the installation instructions.
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions.Click here for more details.