A-S1000 Natural Sound Stereo Amplifier
Yamaha introduces a new superior approach to analog amplifier design. This high performance amplifier inherits the high sound quality design of the A-S2000 and brings out the best of other components in the system.
Yamaha's involvement with and passion for music goes back more than a century to when they built their first reed organ in 1887. Now they are the world's leading producer of pianos and other musical instruments and are involved with music in many other ways as well. They manufacture professional recording equipment they design concert halls and they assist artists at concerts with set up and sound tuning. This knowledge and experience benefits their production of audio components in many ways. They introduced their first HiFi (High Fidelity) turntable in 1954 becoming the first company to actually use the term HiFi. Thereafter they were one of the first to offer mass-produced high quality audio equipment and introduced many legendary stereo components. They hope you enjoy the genuine HiFi experience of Yamaha Natural Sound.
- High Performance Amplifier that Brings Out the Best of Other Components
- Floating Balanced Power Amplifier
- Triple Parallel Electronic Volume and Tone Controls
- Fully Discrete Phono Equalizer and MC Head Amp Symmetrical Construction
- Specially Designed Feet
- Maximum Power: (8 ohms 1 kHz 10% THD) 115 W + 115 W / (4 ohms 1 kHz 10% THD) 190 W + 190 W
- Minimum RMS Output Power: (8 ohms 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.02% THD) 90 W + 90 W / (4 ohms 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.02% THD) 140 W + 140 W
- Dynamic Power/Channel: (8 / 6 / 4 / 2 ohms) 105 / 135 / 190 / 220 W
- Damping Factor: (8 ohms 20 Hz-20 kHz) 160
- Input Sensitivity/ Impedance: CD 150 mV / 47 kilohm Phono MM 2.5 mV / 47 kilohm Phono MC 100 uV / 50 ohms Main in 1 V / 47 kilohm
- Frequency Response: CD etc. to speaker out Flat position 5 Hz-100 kHz +0 dB / -3 dB CD etc. to speaker out Flat position 20 Hz-20 kHz +0 dB / -0.3 dB
- RIAA Equalization Deviation: Phono MM (20 Hz-20 kHz) 0.5 dB / Phono MC (20 Hz-20 kHz) 0.5 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20 Hz20 kHz): CD etc. to speaker out 0.015% (90 W / 8 ohms) Phono MM to rec out 0.005% (2 V) Phono MC to rec out 0.05% (2 V)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio [IHF-A Network]: CD etc. (150 mV Input Shorted) 98 dB Phono MM (5 mV Input Shorted) 93 dB Phono MC (500 uV Input Shorted) 85 dB
- Residual Noise: CD etc. IHF-A-Network
- Channel Separation (1 kHz/10 kHz): CD etc. Input 5.1 kilohm Terminaled 74 dB / 54 dB Phono MM Input Shorted Vol: -30 dB 90 dB / 77 dB Phono MC Input Shorted Vol: -30 dB 66 dB / 65 dB
- Tone Control Characteristics: Bass Boost / Cut (at 50 Hz) 9 dB Bass Turnover Frequency 350 Hz Treble Boost / Cut (at 20 Hz) 9 dB Treble Turnover Frequency 3.5 kHz
- Audio Muting: -20 dB (approx.)
- Load Impedance: If you use two sets (A and B) the impedance of each speaker must be 8 ohms or higher.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8 x 5-3/8 x 18-5/16
- Weight: 48.5 lbs.
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 2 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 2 years
- Read full details
Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions.Click here for more details.