The USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet controller is a high performance and highly integrated ASIC which enables low cost, small form factor, and simple plug-and-play Gigabit Ethernet network connection capability for desktops, notebook PC’s, Ultrabook’s, docking stations, game consoles, digital-home appliances, and any embedded system using a standard USB port.
The chipset AX88179 is the world's first USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet controller which integrates USB 3.0 PHY and 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet MAC/PHY in a single chip.
- Interface: USB 3.0 and standard RJ45 Ethernet port
- Integrates on-chip USB 3.0 PHY and controller compliant to USB Spec 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1
- Supports USB Super/High/Full Speed modes with Bus-power or Self-power device auto-detect capability
- Supports 10/100/1000 Mbps auto-sensing capability
- Supports IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab compatible
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Support system:
- Windows: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP
- Mac OS 10.6 or later
Windows: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP
Mac OS 10.6 or later
1 x 1000Mbps lan adapter
1 x CD Driver
1 x User manual
Works but needs modern drivers
This review is from: USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 External Network Card Lan Adapter for PC Laptop & Macbook
Pros: Uses USB3's speed to give you real gigabit Ethernet access.
Cons: Doesn't work with older laptops or OS's that don't have modern drivers (for the chip in this interface) installed. If this is your only USB Ethernet port then you might think about getting an older one that will work on a wider variety of computers.
Did you find this review helpful?
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "email@example.com" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo