UtechSmart USB 3.0 4-Port Hub adds 4 more USB ports to your computer to connect 4 USB devices for accessing or charging. This allows you to connect and use USB devices such as digital cameras, external hard drives, flash drives, and printers, all from a single hub. Powered by USB 3.0, this hub provides quick data rates of up to 5.0Gbps. It does not require any software, drivers, or complicated installation process. The UtechSmart USB 3.0 4-Port Hub features a sleek design to fit on your desk without taking up precious desktop space.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports transfer rates up to 5 Gbps - The actual transmission speed is limited by the setting of the device connected.
Compatible with all Windows and Linux systems. Mac systems require latest Apple updates.
Plug and play. Supports hot swapping. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts.
Bus Powered - does not require an AC adapter - compatible with Microsoft Surface, Ultrabooks and MacBook Air
The connection cable is attached to the hub -no need to worry about leaving it behind or losing it.
Slim, strip-shape design features 4 USB 3.0 ports laid out across the top so you can easily plug in and remove devices.
Providing data rates of up to 5Gbps - 10 times faster than USB 2.0. You can transfer your photos, music, and HD movies to a USB 3.0 external storage device faster than ever before.
The portable hub is bus powered and it does not require the connection of an external power adapter. It is powered by the current supplied by the USB port.
Compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2003/2000/ME, Mac OS X (latest updates from Apple required), and Linux kernels 3.0 and later. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices.
* 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
* Apple now provides an official update for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro computers purchased in June 2012. This update improves USB 3.0 performance and compatibility and can be downloaded from the official Apple website as "MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0." Please contact our support team if you cannot locate this update.
* If any ports appear disabled, insure AC power to hub is connected, then unplug/replug USB connection to computer.
* Requires no driver install (although individual devices will, as usual).
* This hub is not designed to serve as a standalone charger and will not charge an iPad tablet or any other device with non-standard charge requirements.
Nice little hub
This review is from: UtechSmart USB 3.0 4 Port Hub for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC, Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Pros: USB 3.0 speeds, small footprint, ports on front, plug n play
Cons: None yet
Other Thoughts: I use it to add super speed ports to my desktop, my wife has used it with her new laptop, both of us have had a very easy, posititive experience with it. All the ports are on the front side so it sits well and all cables are organized neatly, this helps on my desk whether I'm gaming or working as it reduces clutter. Keep in mind it is bus powered and has limits, this is not a flaw, it's the units design. Get a powered unit if you expect to load all 4 ports with external drives, etc that have higher power requirements, this little guy isn't made for that. Thus far we haven't had any drop outs or disconnects and usb speed have been more than acceptable. I'll probably buy my wife her own so I can leave mine Velcro'd in place I prefer a wired keyboard for gaming, this hub is giving me a very easy, organized place to connect. Time will tell on durability. A recommended item
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo