Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
PSB CW160S In-Ceiling/In-Wall Speaker: Perfect for restricted installations
Special attention has been paid to the issue of aiming sonic energy toward the listener without forfeiting sonic integrity. The CW160S, like the CW180S, uses a unique high frequency, constant directivity SonicGuide™ that is gimbaled to angle in any direction. The SonicGuide™ is a proprietary, adjustable and aimable multipart flare attached to a ¾-inch metal dome tweeter. Its contours and dimensions are designed such that it provides very even response with little variation both on and off axis. It also increases the directivity of the tweeter so that the listener hears transparent, naturally focused
sound. Equally important, the SonicGuide™ reduces “backwards” tweeter energy that otherwise reflects from the woofer cone, thus eliminating a serious response error that plagues virtually every other “coax” speaker. The SonicGuide™ can be tilted 30 degrees left or right and the SonicGuide™ assembly is mounted on a click-indexing turning yoke that turns a full 180 degrees.
“Dog leg” style mounting clips insure quick and easy mounting. Two response tailoring switches provide a 3dB adjustment to midrange and tweeter levels. Whether mounted in the wall or in the ceiling the system’s response can be directed toward the listener for best possible sound. The result is very natural sound quality and great installation versatility.
- Optimal spacing between speakers should approximately equal the distance from the listening area to the wall.
- Make a small exploratory hole and check for obstructions in wall cavity before cutting mounting hole.
- Use the mounting template provided to cut the right sized mounting hole.
- Lightly fill wall cavity with fiberglass 2 feet on either side of the system. Use standard 4” fiberglass split to half thickness. Use 1” thick fiberglass behind system.
- Adjust electric screwdrivers to appropriate torque. Tighten mounting screws ?rmly but do not over tighten!
- Angle the tweeter inward towards the listening area.
- See manual for more installation hints.
This item is eligible for Newegg Premier benefits. Are you a Newegg Premier Member? If not, sign up today and get:
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "email@example.com" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo