Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
PSB CW180R IN-Ceiling/In-Wall Speaker: Round shape, cost effective design
Special attention has been paid to the issue of aiming sonic energy toward the listener without forfeiting sonic integrity. The CW180R employs the same Platinum-derived 8-inch woofer and 1-inch dome tweeter as the CW383, re-engineered for a two-way layout.
The CW180R uses a unique high frequency, constant directivity SonicGuide™ that is gimbaled to angle in any direction. The SonicGuide™ is a proprietary, adjustable and aimable multipart flare attached to a 1-inch metal dome tweeter. Its contours and dimensions are designed such that it provides very even response with little variation both on and off axis. It also increases the directivity of the tweeter so that the listener hears transparent, naturally focused sound. Equally important, the SonicGuide™ reduces “backwards” tweeter energy that otherwise reflects from the woofer cone, thus eliminating a serious response error that plagues virtually every other “coax” speaker. The SonicGuide™ can be tilted 30 degrees left or right and the SonicGuide™ assembly is mounted on a click-indexing turning yoke that turns a full 180 degrees.
“Dog leg” style mounting clips insure quick and easy mounting. Two response tailoring switches provide a 3dB adjustment to midrange and tweeter levels. Whether mounted in the wall or in the ceiling the system’s response can be directed toward the listener for best possible sound. The result is very natural sound quality and great installation versatility.
- Optimum installation height (for in-wall installation) is between seated and standing ear level position.
- Distance between left and right speakers (CW180S/R) should approximately equal the distance from the listening area to the wall or ceiling.
- Make small exploratory hole and check for obstructions in wall cavity before cutting mounting hole.
- Mounting template provided.
- Lightly fill wall cavity with fiberglass 2 feet above and below system (CW180S).
- Use standard 4” fiberglass split to half thickness.
- Use 1” thick fiberglass behind system.
- Adjust electric screwdrivers to appropriate torque. Tighten 4 mounting screws firmly but do not over tighten!
- SonicGuide tweeter can be turned +- 45 degrees via the gimbal ring, then +- 30 degrees on its axis.
- Aim tweeter toward center of listening area via SonicGuide and gimbal ring.
- Switches give subtle balance adjustments for midrange and treble. Set to suit room acoustics and personal taste.
- See manual for more installation hints.
This item is eligible for Newegg Premier benefits. Are you a Newegg Premier Member? If not, sign up today and get:
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo