The new MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air each have a Thunderbolt/ Mini DisplayPort that allows you to connect an external display or projector using this adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
This adapter will make sure you can:
1. Extend or mirror your workstation to another screen; Give presentation to your classmates, students or colleagues with your own MacBook or laptop;
2. Share videos with your friends and family on a bigger external screen or TV. In 2011, Apple introduced Thunderbolt port, which is essentially a Mini DisplayPort when used for audio/video.
Connect Mac, MacBooks, PC laptops to monitors, TV / HDTVs, projectors;
Compatible with all Macs/MacBooks with Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt;
Compliant with Mini DisplayPort 1.1a, HDMI 1.3b;
Support resolutions up to 1080p (FullHD) and 1920 x 1200, no compromise in video quality;
Support audio: DTS/DTS-HD, Dolby Digital / Dolby TrueHD, and Linear PCM (LPCM);
Elegant white colour, consistent with your Apple computers;
Mini size, easy to carry, you can carry it in your pocket!
Connectors: Thunderbolt / Mini DisplayPort (male) --> HDMI (female)
Video: FullHD, 1080p, 1920x1080p
Audio:LPCM, DTS/DTS-HD, Dolby Digital/Dolby TrueHD
Resolution Progressive: 1920 x 1200, 1080p, 720p, 576p, 480p
Interlaced: 1080i, 576i, 480i
Cable Length: about 10cm
Interface: Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Male. No need any other cable!
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac mini with thunderbolt ports since 2011 are all supported.
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac mini or PC with mini displayport are also supported.
How to use:
1. Connect the cable to your Apple MAC by the thunderbolt side(also thunderbolt was called mini displayport)
2. Connect its female HDMI end to an HDMI cable that goes to your TV/monitor/projector
3. Then you can view the movie or PPT on the big screen! Enjoy it!
How to set the resolution : You can go into “System Preferences” > “Display“. You’ll be able to see 2 display preferences dialog, one for your prime MacBook display and one for the external monitor. You can use the settings in dialogs to adjust the screen resolution, color intensity and if you have a monitor that can be swiveled (rotated) you can tell Mac OSX to rotate the display to a certain angle for that particular display.
Video transfer can only work for some Mac, not for the version before 2011. Please check it before puchase this item.
You need a HDMI cable when you use this item.
1 x Thunderbolt to HDMI Female Adapter
Your request will be processed within the next 24 hours.
Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your address book to ensure delivery.See Today's E-Blast Promo