Engineered with Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture that unifies graphics processing and compute cores for higher utilization, the ultra-performance VisionTek Radeon R9 290X graphics card can deliver over 5TFLOPS compute performance - a new standard in the graphics card industry – and over 300GBps memory bandwidth to support 4K gaming with over 100 layers of effects. All this adds up to a card that completely out performs similarly priced competing GPU-brand based cards.
To offer entirely new visual gaming realism that leaves HD in the dust, the R9 290X supports UltraHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, which is 4x the resolution of 1080p. Thanks to the use of Eyefinity technology, this card can span multiple 4K monitors into one large panoramic display to create the ultimate gaming rig. And to hear what you've been missing, there's an onboard audio processing chip that delivers accurate 3D surround sound within games and special audio effects like reverbs and room simulations while reducing CPU load.
An Audio and Visual Immersion That Redefines the Gaming Experience
A new design for AMD's unified graphics processing and compute cores that allows them to achieve higher utilization for improved performance and efficiency.
AMD Eyefinty™ Technology:
Run multiple displays from a single graphics board and expand your gaming field of view across all displays.
AMD App Acceleration:
AMD App Accelerator creates a "co-processing" environment in which the compute processing potential in your AMD Radeon™ Graphics processor works together with the system central processor, to accelerate enabled applications.
AMD HD3D Technology:
Supports the latest stereoscopic 3D content and display technologies. Play 3D games, watch Blu-ray 3D videos, and edit 3D photos on your 3D monitors, TV, or projector.
AMD CrossFire™ Technology:
Multi-GPU support offers superior scalability. Increase your gaming performance up to double with AMD CrossFire technology, 2.75x for TriFire configurations, or 3.75x with QuadFire configurations.
AMD HD Media Accelerator:
Assumes rendering responsibility for HD encode (VCE)/decode (MPEG-4 ASP, H.264. MVC, MPEG2, etc.) and conclusively enable superior video playback quality with advanced hardware post-processing algorithms.
AMD PowerPlay™ Technology:
AMD PowerPlay Technology dynamically adjusts clock speeds in response to GPU load, saving power for just when you need it.
AMD PowerTune Technology:
Maximizes performance under load conditions by dynamically increasing the GPU engine clock to take advantage of unused Thermal Design Power (TDP) headroom. Also allows users to configure their own TDP limit, within a provided range, for even higher performance or more power efficiency.
Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology:
GDDR5 memory delivers higher GPU performance by providing the highest available memory bandwidth.
Intelligent Overclocking Control:
AMD latest Boost State technology automatically allows the R9 290X to run higher than the base core speed if it's operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™:
Support of content protected, high bandwidth, 7.1 channels of surround sound over HDMI and DisplayPort.
Microsoft DirectX® 11.2:
Get intense gaming performance and unrivalled image quality with stunning 3D visual effects, realistic lighting and lifelike imagery.
3D Mark Fire Strike:
Greater Than 8000: 3DMark Fire Strike is the world's most popular dedicated gaming benchmarking tool used by millions of gamers, top hardware review sites, and many of the world's leading manufacturers to measure PC gaming performance.
Radeon™ R9 290X Specs
- Graphics Engine: RADEON R9 290X
- Video Memory: 4GB GDDR5
- Memory Interface: 512-bit
- DirectX® Support: 11.2
- Bus Standard: PCI Express 3.0
- Core Speed: Up to 1.0GHz
- Memory Speed: 5.0GBps
- Stream Processors: 2816
- Compute Performance: 5.6 TFLOPS
- DVI Output: 2 x Dual Link DVI
- HDMI Output: 1 x HDMI (video/audio)
- DisplayPort Output: 1 x DisplayPort
- Warranty: Two Years
Radeon™ R9 290X System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
- 750-Watt power supply or greater is recommended. 900W watt or greater power supply recommended for CrossFire in dual mode.
- 1 x 150-Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector + 1 x 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector is required.
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Please refer to: http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/listing.aspx
- 4GB Minimum of system memory.
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive.
- DVD playback requires DVD drive.
- Blu-ray™ / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive.
- 64-Bit operating system highly recommended.
- Windows Vista®, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8 operating system.