Tablo is a 4-Tuner, over-the-air (OTA) DVR for Cord-Cutters using HDTV antennas to have access to broadcast TV signals. Browse, record and stream up to four simultaneous live or recorded HDTV programs on any device, anytime, anywhere in the world.
A whole-home-DVR and placeshifter combined, Tablo streams HDTV to all connected devices on your home network or anywhere you have Internet.
One touch of Tablo's interface on your tablet and you'll never settle for a remote control again. It's visually rich and colorful, intuitively organized and easy to browse by genre, channel and time.
Tablo DVR. Unleash your HDTV.
Tablo is a next-generation DVR that plugs into your HDTV antenna to capture free, local HDTV broadcast programs including news and sports within the US and Canada. Unlike traditional DVRs that are connected to one TV, Tablo connects to your local network to stream live and recorded HDTV content to any connected device inside your home or anywhere you have Internet.
HDTV is Available for Free, Over-the-Air
Most North Americans living in or near major urban centers are within range of local TV broadcast towers, which means they have access to Free HDTV using a simple ATSC antenna plugged into their TV.
Tablo - HDTV on the Go
Take your favorite local broadcast TV shows and sports with you. Tablo combines the convenience of a DVR with the mobility of your tablet, smartphone, and laptop to let you enjoy Free HDTV anytime, anywhere on any device.
Cut the cord. Enjoy free HDTV.
Save over $2,000 in two years by cutting the cord. Tablo lets you watch, record and stream your favorite local TV content from your HDTV antenna live and in high definition, without the cost or commitment of cable or satellite contracts.
A Better Way to Watch Free HDTV
Tablo's intuitive touch interface with gorgeous artwork and program details lets you view your favorite broadcast shows and sports by genre, channel or time - all in crystal clear high definition.
How Tablo Works
Beautiful HDTV programming is broadcast from large towers and sent out over the air by your local TV stations. With an HDTV antenna, you can capture these signals for free. By plugging your antenna into Tablo DVR, you can record your favourite programs on an external USB hard drive. Tablo streams these live and recorded HDTV programs to your connected devices via your home WiFi network, including your big screen TV using AppleTV, Roku or Chromecast.
Watch Broadcast TV on Any Device
Tablo lets you watch live and recorded television on any device in your home.
Experience Better Quality HD Video That Won't Tie Up Your Bandwidth
Cable operators compress their TV signals to conserve bandwidth in order to deliver multiple services (phone, TV and Internet) over a single connection. Over-the-Air (OTA) HDTV signals received through antennas are uncompressed, delivering an incredibly crisp HD picture far superior to what you've been getting from your cable provider.
Tablo Redefines the remote control
One touch of the Tablo interface on your iPad or Android Tablet and you'll never settle for a traditional remote control again. It's visually rich and colorful, intuitively organized and easy to use.
The ultimate cord cutting solution
Tablo captures delivers live, local HDTV broadcast programs you can't get through Over The Top (OTT) Internet content providers like Hulu and Netflix using an HDTV antenna. Catch up on hometown news and sports and watch your favorite network shows live without having to wait until the next day AND without the pricey cable bill.
Tablo DVR Features
- Watch, pause and record live TV
- Skip commercials
- Schedule recordings
- Manage existing recordings
- Record up to 4 shows simultaneously
- Watch on up to 6 devices simultaneously
- Watch on PC/Mac or iPhone/Android smartphone via browser
- Stream live AND recorded shows anywhere in the world
- Streaming to TV via AppleTV/Roku/Chromecast
- iPad & Android tablet app interface
Tablo DVR Hardware Features
- 4 OTA ATSC tuners
- Wi-Fi included: 802.11n dual band 2.4 and 5GHz with MIMO
- 2 USB ports for flexible USB HD storage
- No remote — controlled by tablet, web-based or Roku app
Tablo Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Subscription Features
- 14 days of guide data
- Rich cover art
- Series and episode synopses
- Schedule recordings by time, episode or series
- Schedule full series recordings
Please note – Tablo requires an HDTV antenna and a USB Hard Drive to work. USB Hard Drives must be USB version 2 or 3 and have a storage capacity of 2 Terabytes or less. Tablo does not currently support USB Flash storage or Networked (NAS) storage.
To use Tablo you need the following things:
- An HDTV antenna
- An iPad running Apple iOS7+ OR an Android tablet with a 7"+ screen running Android 4.1 OR a computer
- An Internet connection
- A USB hard drive (Max 2TB capacity) this is required both for watching live TV and recording programming If you'd like to watch programming on your big screen TV, you'll also need an AppleTV (which uses AirPlay from an iPad), Roku or a Chromecast dongle. You can also use the web-based app with an HDMI-enabled computer connected to your TV.
Physical Box Contents
- Tablo Digital Video Recorder
- AC adapter (100 ~ 120V, 50 - 60Hz)
- Ethernet Cable
- Quick Start Guide