Sans Digital EliteSTOR ES424X12HP - 4U 24-Bay 12G SAS/SATA to 12G Expander with 12G PCIe 3.0 RAID 6 Controller
The EliteSTOR ES424X12HP is a complete 4U 12G SAS RAID solution for performance hungry RAID storage. Utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the ES424X12HP provides up to 48Gbps or 4800MBps of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES424X12HP supports SATA or SAS 12Gbps hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 6Gbps SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the ES424X12HP supports up to 24 SAS or SATA drives using only one HD mini-SAS (SFF-8644) cable.
A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 256 drives drives daisy-chained together. The system comes with a high performance RAID controller card, and the ES424X12HP is capable of delivering over in 3,000MBps read and write performance, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. Dedicated dual-core RAID engines provides RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 support with enterprises features and performances. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status, as well as RAID controller's event log and e-mail notification system.
All necessary hardware comes standard including RAID controller card, mini-SAS cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The ES424X12HP is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Support Windows (Vista or up, Server 2003 or up), Apple (OS X 10.4 or up), Linux and BSD. VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V is also supported.
NEW DataBolt Technology Maximize 6Gbps and 3Gbps Hard Drives and SSDs in 12G Performance
To allow 6Gbps and 3Gbps hard drives and SSDs to transition to newer 12G standard and performance, EliteSTOR SAS expander comes equipped with LSI DataBolt technology to allow 6G and 3G hard drives and SSD infrastructure to take advantage of 12Gbps speed. Only available in 12G SAS expander series, LSI DataBolt technology can aggregate bandwidth from 6Gbps and 3Gbps hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gbps data stream by intelligently buffering data, resulting in over 50% increase. DataBolt technology is fully compatible with the 12Gbps SAS T10 specification.
Complete 12G Solution Bundled with 12G PCIe 3.0 x8 RAID 6 RAID Controller
The systems come with 12G PCIe 3.0 SAS RAID 6 controller. This complete solution provide end to end 12G solutions, from drives to enclosure to the RAID controller card. Bundled controller card comes equipped with dedicated dual-core 1.2GHz RAID processor and 2GB DDR-3 1866 memory, the overall performance generated over 3,000MBps, suitable for performance-hungry database application or 4K video editing stations.
Critical events such as RAID failure or cooling fan status is communicate via in-band cables (no extra management cable) and provide detailed event logs and e-mail notifications. Other features includes online RAID capacity expansion, online RAID migration, remote or local web-based GUI interface and optional battery backup modules (BBM) for data integrity. Supports all major operating systems, includes Windows (Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2003 and 2012), MAC (OS X 10.4 or above), or Linux and FreeBSD.
Also supported in virtual environments, including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V. Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 is supported via Thunderbolt to PCIe conversion box.
- 12Gbps SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 HD Mini-.SAS cable to bundled RAID controller.
- Complete 12Gbps End to End RAID Solutions - Supports 12G hard drives, bundled with a PCIe 3.0 12G RAID controller and 12G SAS Expander enclosure.
- 12G PCIe 3.0 x8 RAID Controller - Dedicated 1.2GHz dual-core RAID controller, with 2GB DDR-3 1866 memory .
- DataBolt Technology - Aggregate bandwidth from 6Gbps and 3Gbps hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gbps data stream by intelligently buffering data, result in over 50% increase.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 12Gbps or SAS 12Gbps hard drives and 48Gbps of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 3,000MBps in read and write.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Monitor Drives and Enclosure Status without Additional Cables - Serial General Purpose Input / Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the HD mini-SAS connection cable to the RAID controller without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 256 drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion via SAS expander.
- Multi-Purpose - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Optional hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All Hardware Included - 12G PCIe 3.0 RAID controller, HD Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. Instantly increase the storage space in only 15 mins. Install RAID controller card to computer, load appropriately.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Supported - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, and other industry standard 12G RAID cards.