1739L 17-inch Open-Frame Touchmonitor
- "Built for Touch" with proven Elo expertise and reliability
- Mounting options including rear-mount and VESA mount
- 3-Year warranty
Elo's 1739L 17" LCD rear-mount touchmonitor delivers a cost-effective touch solution for OEM's and systems integrators, and complements Elo's expanding family of touch solutions for applications in the retail self-service and gaming/amusement markets. This compact touchmonitor is "designed for touch" from the ground up, with Elo's proven expertise and reliability built in, and not added as an afterthought by altering an existing monitor.
The 1739L features a brilliant wide viewing angle panel to instantly grab and hold the users' attention, whether they are checking out retail goods with a self-service kiosk or playing games in a casino or arcade. Because the enclosure is controlled by Elo's specifications and tooling, Elo's rear-mount monitors have a long lasting product cycle - important for continuity through all phases of project rollouts and when servicing. It also features a unique, injection molded mini-bezel with virtually invisible watertight seal, making it ideal for the rigors of public use.
Narrow borders, multiple mounting options, and a dual serial/USB touch interface add to the versatility of the 1739L. Worldwide agency approvals, as set forth on the back side of this datasheet, cover the entire monitor that is designed, built and supported by Elo, a true single source supplier.
- High quality panel with 160-degree x 160-degree viewing angle
- 1000:1 Contrast ratio, and 300-nit brightness (LCD panel)
- Long lasting product cycle-enclosure controlled by Elo specifications
- Future generation panels phased-in without external changes
- Integrated precision mini-bezel with water-resistant 0.5mm seal
- Mounting options including rear-mount (two standard rear-mount brackets included) and VESA mount; optional front mount (see Accessories tab for details) and rack mount (see Accessories tab for details)
- AccuTouch Five-Wire Resistive, IntelliTouch Surface Wave, SecureTouch Surface Wave and CarrollTouch Infrared touch technology with dual serial/USB touch interface; touch technology with USB touch interface. (SecureTouch monitors use a 3mm chemically strengthened glass touch sensor.)
- Multilingual on-screen display (OSD)
- Worldwide agency approvals
- 3-D electronic design files available
- Casino and amusement games
- Retail self-service brightness
IntelliTouch® Surface Acoustic Wave Touch Solutions (E012584)
Elo first introduced Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) touch technology in 1987. SAW touchscreen technology delivers superior image clarity, resolution, light transmission, and reliability because it utilizes clear glass that continues to work even if scratched. There are no coatings, plastic films or moving parts to wear out or be damaged. The active area of the touchscreen is resistant to chemicals such as acetone, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, ammonia-based glass cleaners, gasoline, kerosene, and vinegar.
Elo offers IntelliTouch SAW technology with transactional single touch or interactive multi-touch capabilities. Micro-bezel or zero-bezel designs are offered along with fully tempered, heat or chemically strengthened glass for rugged applications. IntelliTouch technology has met all the Additional Qualification (AQ) testing requirements established by Microsoft for Windows 7 multi-touch touch gesture recognition.
IntelliTouch SAW is a cost-effective alternative to projected capacitive (PCAP) touch technology that offers better optical clarity and the same zero-bezel style with significantly smaller border width. Three axes of touch information are used to precisely discern two simultaneous touch locations anywhere on the screen. IntelliTouch solutions offer a simple bill of material, a less complex manufacturing and touchscreen integration process, and less capital investment than PCAP technologies.
Customization capabilities include logos, clear icons, border buttons, and other enhancements can be added during the design cycle. IntelliTouch can scale across a wide range of screen sizes, without performance degradation. The stable, drift-free operation of SAW touchscreen technology provides an accurate touch response measured on three axes using a finger, gloved hand, or passive stylus. Elo's sensitive touch response recognizes location and amount of pressure applied. Elo has tested IntelliTouch touchscreens to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure, using a stylus simulating a finger. The graphics quality and colors of HD resolution software applications are preserved based on the optical clarity of SAW clear glass touch technology.
- Completely flat touchscreen offers sleek, refined appearance
- No bezel required for easy integration into touchmonitors, touch computers or other devices
- Fast accurate, and stable touch performance
- Tested to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure
- Desktop touchmonitors and all-in-one touchcomputers.
- Public environments such as hotel lobbies, office buildings, auto dealerships, bank branches, gaming casinos, health care waiting rooms, retail stores and train stations
- Point-of-information kiosks
- Vending and ticket sales
- Gaming, lottery, and amusement
- Interactive Digital Signage
- Banking and financial transactions
- Industrial control rooms
AccuTouch® Five Wire Resistive Touch Solutions (E607940)
The Elo Touch Solutions AccuTouch touchscreens are based on proven five-wire resistive technology, the preferred solution for applications that demand reliability, input flexibility, and contamination resistance. AccuTouch touchscreens are available in bezel and zero-bezel designs, with proprietary Elo technology to deliver a touch response that is drift-free and accurate in high-use applications.
Elo AccuTouch delivers both X and Y measurements made on a stable rear glass layer where many other resistive touchscreen designs use a flexing plastic coversheet to measure only one axis. As a result, AccuTouch resistive touchscreens provide a longer product life, designed to withstand more than 35 million touches.
AccuTouch touchscreens can be sealed against contamination to support NEMA 4/4x/12 and IP65 standards. The zero-bezel design eliminates the need for a traditional front-bezel, achieving a smooth, seamless flat surface for a clean, modern look.
AccuTouch zero-bezel touchscreens use a flexible printed circuit cable that virtually eliminates the cable attachment bump that is typical on most resistive touchscreens and enables a smooth, flat integration. The screens work with standard Elo controller/chip solutions and drivers under a wide variety of operating systems, and are available in a set of standard products as well as customized designs.
- Zero-bezel configuration for seamless design to eliminate the traditional bezel that can collect dust and dirt.
- 4H pencil hardness resists scratching.
- Flat cable attachments for seamless integration and customization capabilities.
- No lamination of additional décor foil is required which helps to reduce costs and supply chain complexity.
- Stable, drift-free operation.
- Broad input flexibility.
- Contamination resistance.
- Accuracy in high-use applications.
- Can be sealed to support NEMA 4/4x/12 and IP65 standards upon integration.
- Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals
- Voting machines
- Industrial automation
- Medical equipment
- Office automation
- Retail automation
- Pharmacy automation
SecureTouch Surface Wave Touch Technology (E734455)
Flat-screen SecureTouch products are made of extra-tough glass substrates that resist vandalism. These touchscreens incorporate the solid-glass and coating-free construction of proven Elo IntelliTouch products.
- No coatings or overlays to wear, scratch, or tear
- High impact resistance - about 2.5 times stronger than normal IntelliTouch
- Meets UL-60950 and CSA 22.2 No. 60950 ball drop test (0.5 kg, 50mm diameter ball dropped from height of 1.3m)
- Tempered, heat or chemically strengthened glass
- Safe break pattern (tempered only)
- Sizes from 10.4 inches to 32.0 inches
- Thickness ranging from 0.125 inch (3mm) to 0.50-inch (12mm)
- Antiglare glass option (0.25-inch thickness only)
- Sealable against dust, splashing liquids, and other contaminants
- Privacy filter option for applications involving sensitive information (e.g., ATM transactions)
Specify SecureTouch products for a variety of demanding public-access applications:
- Bank ATMs
- Ticketing machines
SecureTouch component products from Elo include LCD Touchmonitors, 12mm Touchscreens, 6mm Touchscreens, and Touchscreen Controllers.