5500L 55" Interactive Digital Signage (IDS) Touch Display
The thin profile Elo Touch Solutions 5500L Interactive Digital Signage (IDS) display combines a precision touchscreen with a professional-grade, large format LCD panel. The 5500L offers System Integrators, Value-Added Resellers and Software Developers a high-performance touch solution for interactive digital displays in high traffic environments.
The 55" 5500L is part of a family of large-format touch displays which bring interactivity to digital signage. The 5500L features a choice of two sensitive, accurate touchscreen technologies, each with pure-glass construction for visual clarity:
- Optical touchscreen provides multi-touch (up to four touches) and gesture support (Microsoft® Windows 7 required)
- IntelliTouch single-touch surface acoustic wave (SAW) touchscreen stands out for consistent reliability
The display is housed in a highly durable steel chassis for a long life of reliable and durable performance in almost any public access location. Optical multi-touch touchscreen technology recognizes touch with a finger, gloved hand, stylus, card or pen while the IntelliTouch touchscreen recognizes touch by a finger, gloved hand, or virtually any soft stylus. With these touchscreen technologies, the result is an efficient display canvas for almost any commercial application. In addition, the 5500L sports a thinner profile (4.8") and an LED-based LCD panel which reduces power consumption and heat output.
Optional high performance computer modules are well-suited for running interactive media and are available with a choice of three processing models: ECM1 with the Intel Celeron Dual-Core 2.2GHz, ECM2 with the Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz and ECM3 with the Intel Core i5 2.5GHz. The computer modules are field-installable, easily sliding into a dedicated bay behind the touch display and locking into place with two thumbscrews. These modules make the 5500L a reliable platform that is interoperable with content management servers and support optimal partitioning of locally cached and network stored content.
Features and Benefits:
- Available with IntelliTouch surface acoustic wave reliable single touch by finger or soft stylus and optical touchscreen technology for a sensitive multi-touch response with any input device.
- Pure-glass display surface delivers crystal clear images
- Housed in a highly durable steel chassis for a long-life of reliable performance
- VESA mounting with optional stand
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- True High Definition (HD) 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Seamless, field installable, computer module, docking integration
- Heat strengthened glass per ASTM C1048; UL60950 ball drop test compliant
- Analog VGA and HDCP-capable HDMI 1.3, video
- Two 10W speakers
IntelliTouch® Surface Acoustic Wave Touch Solutions
Elo first introduced Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) touch technology in 1987. SAW touchscreen technology delivers superior image clarity, resolution, light transmission, and reliability because it utilizes clear glass that continues to work even if scratched. There are no coatings, plastic films or moving parts to wear out or be damaged. The active area of the touchscreen is resistant to chemicals such as acetone, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, ammonia-based glass cleaners, gasoline, kerosene, and vinegar.
Elo offers IntelliTouch SAW technology with transactional single touch or interactive multi-touch capabilities. Micro-bezel or zero-bezel designs are offered along with fully tempered, heat or chemically strengthened glass for rugged applications. IntelliTouch technology has met all the Additional Qualification (AQ) testing requirements established by Microsoft for Windows 7 multi-touch touch gesture recognition.
IntelliTouch SAW is a cost-effective alternative to projected capacitive (PCAP) touch technology that offers better optical clarity and the same zero-bezel style with significantly smaller border width. Three axes of touch information are used to precisely discern two simultaneous touch locations anywhere on the screen. IntelliTouch solutions offer a simple bill of material, a less complex manufacturing and touchscreen integration process, and less capital investment than PCAP technologies.
Customization capabilities include logos, clear icons, border buttons, and other enhancements can be added during the design cycle. IntelliTouch can scale across a wide range of screen sizes, without performance degradation. The stable, drift-free operation of SAW touchscreen technology provides an accurate touch response measured on three axes using a finger, gloved hand, or passive stylus. Elo's sensitive touch response recognizes location and amount of pressure applied. Elo has tested IntelliTouch touchscreens to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure, using a stylus simulating a finger. The graphics quality and colors of HD resolution software applications are preserved based on the optical clarity of SAW clear glass touch technology.
- Completely flat touchscreen offers sleek, refined appearance
- No bezel required for easy integration into touchmonitors, touch computers or other devices
- Fast accurate, and stable touch performance
- Tested to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure
- Desktop touchmonitors and all-in-one touchcomputers.
- Public environments such as hotel lobbies, office buildings, auto dealerships, bank branches, gaming casinos, health care waiting rooms, retail stores and train stations
- Point-of-information kiosks
- Vending and ticket sales
- Gaming, lottery, and amusement
- Interactive Digital Signage
- Banking and financial transactions
- Industrial control rooms
Optical Touchscreen Technology For Interactive Digital Signage (IDS)
Optical touchscreen technology uses multiple optical sensors to detect the touch point, which registers the touch just before physical contact with the screen. This means that users can apply zero or light touch to the screen to initiate a response, and any input device, such as a finger, gloved finger, pen, or stylus will work.
Optical technology deployed on Elo IDS displays supports 4-6 touches (based on firmware version) and is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 in HID mode. Support on other operating systems may require a driver, customers should confirm compatibility and availability of drivers during their testing and evaluation process.
Just like Elo Touch Solutions' IntelliTouch surface acoustic wave touchscreen technology, surface coating overlays are not used on the touch screen surface, which creates a crystal clear image. In addition, scratches on the touch surface will not affect the touch screen operation. This is important for high-use public environments such as lobbies, way-finding or kiosks.
- Delivers a true multi-touch (recognizing up to six* independent touch points with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system), multi-user interactive experience.
- No pressure needed to activate touch response
- Greater than 90% transparency and true color fidelity
- Stable, no-drift performance - no calibration required
- Recognizes touch from virtually any object and scratches do not affect the touchscreen operation
- USB HID device compatible with different operating systems (use chart)
- Interactive digital signage
- Retail and shopping malls
- Hotels and casinos
- Health care and medical institutions
- Corporate environments
- Kiosks and self-service system
Available only in Elo TouchSystems 4200L, 4600L and 5500L IDS displays.