1515L Multifunction 15-inch Desktop Touchmonitor
The Elo Touch Solutions 1515L touchmonitor is designed, developed and built to provide a cost-effective touch solution for system integrators and VARs. It packs Elo quality and reliability into a integrated, affordable touchmonitor with a footprint smaller than a standard 15" display. This cost and space-saving touchmonitor is "designed for touch" – the technology is built into the 1515L from the ground up and not added as an afterthought by altering the original monitor. It includes a stable base, with controls that are placed on the side rather than the front and are locked-out for public use. The 1515L can function as a desktop or wall-mounted unit and includes a VESA mounting option. The optional 3-track magnetic stripe reader (MSR), is easily installed by the user, providing an elegant, integrated solution. The display is factory sealed against dirt and dust, and the unit offers a choice of touchscreen technologies: the antiglare clarity and superior performance of IntelliTouch surface acoustic wave, time-tested AccuTouch five-wire resistive, and projected capacitive (PCAP) for a multi-touch experience and zero-bezel, seamless design.
The Elo 1515L 15" LCD desktop touchmonitor provides an affordable product in a convenient, space-saving design that both first-time and experienced users can deploy more easily, reliably, and more cost effectively than ever before.
- Economical and reliable
- Up to 1024 x 768 resolution at 75Hz
- Available with AccuTouch Five-Wire Resistive Technology (activated with fingernails, gloves, credit cards, or any stylus), IntelliTouch Surface Wave Technology for superior image quality (activated with finger or glove), or projected capacitive (PCAP) zero-bezel multi-touch touchscreen
- Optional ergonomic 3-stripe MSR available in two versions: USB with keyboard emulation; and USB with human interface device (HID) class specification 1.1
- Sealed touchscreen
- Dual serial/USB interface
- Removable stand and VESA mounting option
- Mounting holes on stand bottom for tabletop security
- Controls on the side rather than the front, plus lockout function for public use
- Digital on-screen display (OSD)
- Internal power supply
- Worldwide agency approvals
- Point-of-sale (POS)
- Point of service
- Loyalty systems
- Countertop kiosk information systems
AccuTouch® Five Wire Resistive Touch Solutions
The Elo Touch Solutions AccuTouch touchscreens are based on proven five-wire resistive technology, the preferred solution for applications that demand reliability, input flexibility, and contamination resistance. AccuTouch touchscreens are available in bezel and zero-bezel designs, with proprietary Elo technology to deliver a touch response that is drift-free and accurate in high-use applications.
Elo AccuTouch delivers both X and Y measurements made on a stable rear glass layer where many other resistive touchscreen designs use a flexing plastic coversheet to measure only one axis. As a result, AccuTouch resistive touchscreens provide a longer product life, designed to withstand more than 35 million touches.
AccuTouch touchscreens can be sealed against contamination to support NEMA 4/4x/12 and IP65 standards. The zero-bezel design eliminates the need for a traditional front-bezel, achieving a smooth, seamless flat surface for a clean, modern look.
AccuTouch zero-bezel touchscreens use a flexible printed circuit cable that virtually eliminates the cable attachment bump that is typical on most resistive touchscreens and enables a smooth, flat integration. The screens work with standard Elo controller/chip solutions and drivers under a wide variety of operating systems, and are available in a set of standard products as well as customized designs.
- Zero-bezel configuration for seamless design to eliminate the traditional bezel that can collect dust and dirt.
- 4H pencil hardness resists scratching.
- Flat cable attachments for seamless integration and customization capabilities.
- No lamination of additional décor foil is required which helps to reduce costs and supply chain complexity.
- Stable, drift-free operation.
- Broad input flexibility.
- Contamination resistance.
- Accuracy in high-use applications.
- Can be sealed to support NEMA 4/4x/12 and IP65 standards upon integration.
- Point-of-sale (POS) terminals
- Voting machines
- Industrial automation
- Medical equipment
- Office automation
- Retail automation
- Pharmacy automation
IntelliTouch® Surface Acoustic Wave Touch Solutions
Elo first introduced Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) touch technology in 1987. SAW touchscreen technology delivers superior image clarity, resolution, light transmission, and reliability because it utilizes clear glass that continues to work even if scratched. There are no coatings, plastic films or moving parts to wear out or be damaged. The active area of the touchscreen is resistant to chemicals such as acetone, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, ammonia-based glass cleaners, gasoline, kerosene, and vinegar.
Elo offers IntelliTouch SAW technology with transactional single touch or interactive multi-touch capabilities. Micro-bezel or zero-bezel designs are offered along with fully tempered, heat or chemically strengthened glass for ruggedized applications. IntelliTouch technology has met all the Additional Qualification (AQ) testing requirements established by Microsoft for Windows 7 multi-touch touch gesture recognition.
IntelliTouch SAW is a cost-effective alternative to projected capacitive (PCAP) touch technology that offers better optical clarity and the same zero-bezel style with significantly smaller border width. Three axes of touch information are used to precisely discern two simultaneous touch locations anywhere on the screen. IntelliTouch solutions offer a simple bill of material, a less complex manufacturing and touchscreen integration process, and less capital investment than PCAP technologies.
Customization capabilities include logos, clear icons, border buttons, and other enhancements can be added during the design cycle. IntelliTouch can scale across a wide range of screen sizes, without performance degradation. The stable, drift-free operation of SAW touchscreen technology provides an accurate touch response measured on three axes using a finger, gloved hand, or passive stylus. Elo's sensitive touch response recognizes location and amount of pressure applied. Elo has tested IntelliTouch touchscreens to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure, using a stylus simulating a finger. The graphics quality and colors of HD resolution software applications are preserved based on the optical clarity of SAW clear glass touch technology.
- Completely flat touchscreen offers sleek, refined appearance
- No bezel required for easy integration into touchmonitors, touch computers or other devices
- Fast accurate, and stable touch performance
- Tested to more than 50 million touches in one location without failure
- Desktop touchmonitors and all-in-one touchcomputers.
- Public environments such as hotel lobbies, office buildings, auto dealerships, bank branches, gaming casinos, healthcare waiting rooms, retail stores and train stations
- Point-of-information kiosks
- Vending and ticket sales
- Gaming, lottery, and amusement
- Interactive Digital Signage
- Banking and financial transactions
- Industrial control rooms
IntelliTouch® Pro Projected Capacitive Touch Solutions
The Elo IntelliTouch Pro Projected Capacitive (PCAP) touch technology offers a fast and sensitive response and professional-grade reliability combined with a stylish, sleek design. Elo IntelliTouch Pro PCAP is designed for the rigors of commercial applications. The two glass solution (2GS) offers pristine optical clarity, high touch durability and long term stability over temperature. IntelliTouch Pro is available in standard screen sizes up to 32-inches with 10-point multi-touch capabilities.
Elo offers a complete PCAP solution including touch screen, controllers, drivers for various operating systems and software utilities resulting in shorter development and integration time. The complete integration guide provides guidelines to simplify integration and avoid typical issues such as EMI from sources such as the power supply or LCD screen.
Elo also offers a wide range of customization options to meet your requirements including screen dimensions, cover glass thickness, bonding and coating such as anti-glare.
- 10-Point multi-touch
- Fast and sensitive touch response
- Pristine optical clarity
- Long-term stable operation over temperature
- Optional coatings such as anti-glare
- Windows 8 touch requirements certification when integrated into a final product
- Interactive digital signage
- Gaming machines and lottery terminals
- Industrial automation
- Medical equipment
- Transportation kiosks
- Retail automation