The Brother PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN Desktop Barcode and Label Printers produce high-quality laminated labels suitable for harsh environment applications. With resolutions up to 360 x 720dpi and a maximum print speed of 3.15ips, the PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN can be configured to print on-demand, laminated labels that will fit many vertical market applications.
The printers use thermal transfer technology and self-contained cassettes that include the adhesive-backed label and the lamination all in one. This drop-in cassette makes it easy to change consumables - there are no transfer ribbons to install and align, no need to remove wrinkles from a transfer ribbon, and no need to perform density calibrations at any time. The continuous label cassettes give you the flexibility to print labels of any length with a half-cut feature that allows multiple labels to be printed on a single strip and peeled off as needed.
The powerful Brother P-touch® Editor label design software is included with each printer to help you design and print customized, on-demand labels for just about any application. You can create labels with text, graphics, and over 14 industry standard linear and 2D bar codes. In addition, you can use P-touch Editor to connect to and print labels from a variety of data files, includes text and CSV files, Excel® spreadsheets, and Microsoft® Access® and SQL Server® databases.
A special feature with the PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN printers is that large label print jobs can be distributed among multiple printers simultaneously. The number of labels to be printed will be automatically divided among the selected printers. Using this distributed printing mode will reduce the total printing time and reduce overall throughput. Distributed printing is available via the USB and Ethernet (PT-9800PCN) interfaces.
- PT-9700PC, with USB and Serial interfaces
- PT-9800PCN, with standard USB, Host USB, Serial, and Ethernet interfaces
Both printers measure 4.6 x 7.6 x 5.5" (W x D x H), and are perfect for areas where space is at a premium.
A Wide Range of Connectivity
Both printers include USB and serial interfaces, while the PT-9800PCN also includes a built-in Ethernet interface and a Host USB interface. This gives end users and system integrators the flexibility to print labels from several different platforms and using different data formats:
- USB, serial, and Ethernet interfaces for optimized Windows® printing.
- USB and Ethernet interfaces for printing from Macintosh® applications.
- Ethernet, USB, and serial interfaces for printing from non-Windows applications using ESC/P emulation or direct ASCII data.
- Serial interface, using ESC/P emulation or ASCII data streams, to connect directly to medical instruments, test equipment, handheld terminals, postage scales, and other stand-alone devices.
- Host USB interface for connecting a USB scanner and printing labels from scanned barcode data to label templates downloaded to the printer.
Harsh Environment Applications:
Manufacturing / Warehouse:
- Work-in-process labels
- Product and bin labels
- Asset management and calibration labels
Telecom / Datacom:
- Cable and wire markers
- Patch panels
- Asset management
- Specimen labels
- Test tube and slide labels
- Autoclave / Sterilization tray labels
- Freezer labels
- Shelf labels
- Small signage
P-touch laminated labels are designed and tested for use in harsh environment applications to offer protection from moisture, temperature extremes, industrial chemicals, UV, and abrasion. Our Extra Strength Adhesive and Flexible ID labels are UL recognized (UL-969) for indoor and outdoor use. In addition, having the lamination applied as part of the printing process saves time and eliminates the need for a manual over-lamination process. All printing is done on the underside of a clear polyester lamination layer. The result is an extremely durable label that stands up to the toughest conditions.
Key Product Features
- Harsh Environment Labeling - Laminated labels offer protection from moisture, temperature extremes, certain chemicals, and abrasion.
- High speed, high resolution thermal transfer printing - Maximum print speed is 3.15ips; maximum resolution is 360 x 720dpi.
- Drop-in label cassettes eliminate the maintenance required with other thermal transfer printers - No transfer ribbons to install or align and no density calibrations required.
- Built-in auto cutter allows labels of various lengths to be printed. Half-cut feature allows multiple labels to be printed on a single strip and peeled off as needed.
- Built-in Ethernet port on the PT-9800PCN allows multiple users to share one printer.
- Host USB port on the PT-9800PCN lets you connect a USB scanner and print labels from scanned barcode data to downloaded label templates.
- Print from non-Windows applications via the USB, serial and Ethernet interfaces using ESC/P emulation or ASCII data.
- Distributed printing can spread large print jobs over multiple printers.
- Five resident fonts and over 14 linear and two-dimensional barcode symbologies.
- Bundled with P-touch Editor, a powerful software application for designing and printing customized, on-demand labels. You can also use it to connect to a variety of data files.
- BRAdmin Light network management software is included with the PT-9800PCN to make it easier to set up and manage Brother desktop barcode and label printers.
A Variety of Media Options
(Separate purchased required)
The Brother PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN Desktop Barcode and Label Printers use self-contained Genuine Brother P-touch media cassettes to print the label and apply the lamination in a single process. The thermal transfer technology provides a crisp, high quality output, while the simultaneous printing and lamination process produces durable, protected labels that are suitable for many applications. The media is available in a wide variety of colors and sizes, with different adhesives and performance characteristics to meet the needs for harsh-environment labeling:
- HG tape is a high-grade media that provides a high resolution (up to 360 x 720dpi) for printing fine text, graphics, barcodes and logos, or a faster throughput (up to 3.15ips) for assembly line and other demanding applications.
- TZ tape is available with four different adhesives to match your specific application:
- Standard adhesive for general purpose labeling on flat, smooth surfaces.
- Extra Strength adhesive for labeling on textured, rough, and uneven surfaces, and on a variety of plastics and other hard-to-stick material.
- Flexible ID adhesive for labeling cables and wires, pipes and fittings, beakers and test tubes, sharp bends, hydraulic and electrical connectors, and other rounded surfaces.
- Tamper-Evident adhesive that leaves behind a checkerboard pattern if the label is removed. It's great for asset management, property tags, company tools, calibration labels, and other security applications.
HG and TZ tapes can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications. The Extra Strength and Flexible ID adhesive tapes are UL recognized (UL-969) for indoor and outdoor labeling applications. The following chart shows a comparison between the HG and TZ tapes.