In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth's surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised underground. Having never ventured beyond the city limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat.
But will they even listen? Rather than stand united, the factions of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
Including the epic single-player campaigns of both Metro 2033 and Metro:
, Metro Redux takes you on a journey from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.
Metro Redux is the ultimate double game collection, including the definitive versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro:
, each rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine for next-gen consoles and PC.
For the first time, console owners can expect smooth 60FPS gameplay and state of the art visuals that were once only available on high-end PC hardware.
Newcomers to the series will get the chance to experience two of the finest story-driven shooters of all time in one vast package; an epic adventure combining gripping survival horror, exploration and tactical combat and stealth.
Fans of the original games will find the unique world of Metro transformed with incredible new lighting, physics and dynamic weather effects, as well as a host of gameplay improvements and new features.
All the enhancements from the acclaimed sequel 'Metro:
' have been transferred to Metro 2033 Redux – superior AI, controls, animation, weapon handling and many more. And both campaigns benefit from all-new melee animations, the ability to check your watch and ammo supplies on the fly, and new full-body player animations.
Those who favored the more survival-horror oriented gameplay of "Metro 2033" can play both campaigns in the "Survival" Play-Style, a fraught, slow burn fight for survival. Those who enjoyed the more action-oriented gameplay of Metro:
can try the "Spartan" Play-Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills.
With the legendary Ranger Mode included to offer an extra layer of challenge and immersion, and all previous released DLC, Metro Redux offers 50+ hours of AAA FPS gameplay for an incredible price.
- Immerse yourself in the Moscow Metro – Witness one of the most atmospheric worlds in gaming brought to life with stunning next-gen visuals at 60FPS
- Brave the horrors of the Russian apocalypse – Equip your gas mask and an arsenal of hand-made weaponry as you face the threat of deadly mutants, human foes, and the terrifying environment itself
- Rebuilt and Remastered for next gen. – With all previous DLC content included, new modes and features, and many gameplay improvements, this is the definitive version of the critically acclaimed series that fans and newcomers alike will enjoy
- Two campaigns, and all DLC included – Metro Redux includes two complete campaigns that combine to create one epic adventure. With 10 hours of bonus content, that means 30+ hours of solo FPS gameplay just on one play-through
- Two unique Play Styles: "Spartan" and "Survival" – Approach the campaign as a slow burn Survival Horror , or tackle it with the combat skills of a Spartan Ranger in these two unique modes
- The legendary Ranger Mode returns – Dare you play the fearsome Ranger Mode? No HUD, UI, deadlier combat and limited resources combine to create the ultimate immersive experience