JBL Loft 50 Three-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker (Pair)
Elegant tower speakers with three 4" (100mm) midrange drivers and dual 6-1/2" (165mm) woofers. For those with a discerning eye for contemporary style and an ear for detailed sound, the JBL® Loft Series is the perfect speaker set.
The series' Loft50 is a pair of tower speakers that we've designed to reproduce your audio with incredible highs and lows. Their dual 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter), side-firing PolyBass woofers allow each speaker to produce thunderous, floor-rattling bass; the midrange frequencies, where departures from faithful reproduction are most noticeable, come from three 4-inch (100-millimeter) PolyBass drivers; the highs come through crisp and clear at frequencies up to 30kHz with a 1-inch (25-millimeter) soft-dome tweeter that we've placed at ear level. We've equipped the tweeter with our proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide technology, which creates a wide, consistent listening window, making every seat the best in the house.
Finally, the Loft50 speakers use a Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) design to help ensure that a strong, precise signal arrives at each driver with little alteration from the original source. Not only do the speakers sound stunningly good, but their unique design meets the needs of anyone looking for space-saving audio components. These speakers are unlike any you may have experienced.
Legendary JBL sound
Now you don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power, clarity and technical accuracy of the JBL sound.
Magnetically shielded for placement on the floor or wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Floorstanding design delivers that big theater sound to complete your home entertainment experience
For those who possess a contemporary taste in décor and an affinity for performance speakers, the JBL Loft series is the perfect hybrid solution. Smashing the myth that good sound can only come from bulky cabinets, the slim yet powerful speakers are technological marvels that develop full, rich sound from their ultra lean cabinets.
- The tweeter features a 1" soft dome with high sensitivity and fast transient response for accurate high-frequency reproduction
- The tweeter integrates with an Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal waveguide, giving it smooth integration with the midrange and a wide, consistent listening window to create an incredibly wide stereo image across a huge listening area
- Polybass drivers feature paper cones that are reinforced with a proprietary copolymer to provide additional stiffness and damping to the cone surface; you get tighter bass and extended low frequencies without breakup and distortion
- A Freeflow Port Architecture extends low frequency response by coupling internal air motion to a computer-designed aperture with a flared shape, allowing maximum air flow without audible port noise; the result is room filling bass from an attractive, slim speaker
- The Straight Line Signal Path is a crossover design that provides the shortest route from the input terminals to the transducers, thus minimizing signal loss and noise; it helps to ensure that a strong, precise, and unaltered signal arrives at each driver
At a Glance:
- 10 - 250 Watts Suggested Amplifier Range
- Dual 6-1/2" (165mm) and Triple 4" (100mm) PolyBass Drivers
- 1-inch (25mm) Soft Dome Tweeter with EOS Waveguide
- FreeFlow Port Technology
- Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) design
- Accurate Frequency Response
10 - 250 Watts Suggested Amplifier Range
JBL engineers designed the Loft50 tower speakers to produce precise, exceptional sound from a receiver or amplifier capable of delivering up to 250 watts.
Dual 6-1/2" (165mm) and Triple 4" (100mm) PolyBass Drivers
Paper produces the most natural sound of all driver materials. We've reinforced the Loft50's paper woofer cones with a proprietary polymer that provides additional stiffness and damping to the cone surface. These qualities provide the listener with tight bass and extended low frequencies without breakup or distortion.
1-inch (25mm) Soft Dome Tweeter with EOS Waveguide
The Loft50's tweeter features a 1-inch (25-millimeter) soft dome with high sensitivity and fast transient response for accurate high-frequency reproduction. The tweeter integrates with an EOS (Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal) waveguide, giving high-frequency sounds a wide, consistent listening window. The result is an incredibly broad stereo image across a huge listening area.
FreeFlow Port Technology
A rear-firing FreeFlow™ port is acoustically matched to the Loft50's woofer to move air out of the speaker's cabinet. You'll get extended bass response with low distortion, adding power to your music and excitement to your movie soundtracks.
Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) Design
The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The Loft50 takes that path. Its Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of your favorite audio content.
Accurate Frequency Response
The Loft50 doesn't over-emphasize or under-emphasize any sounds. With a frequency response of 37Hz - 20kHz, it reproduces a true, full sound range from deep bass tones to ultrahigh frequencies.
What's in the Box
2 JBL Loft50 tower speakers