- 802.11b/g/n 2T3R
- Power Saving Solution
- 12x speed and 6x coverage than g
Works great, for a while 08/05/2009
This review is from: Rosewill RNX-N4PS IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless-N 2.0 Router (2T3R) Up to 300Mbps Data Rates/ WPA/WPA2 (AES, 64,128-WEP with shared-key authentication), WPS/ Power Saving Solution/ Hardware WPA button
- Supports WLAN/Ethernet bridge mode
- Not too many hassles tapping in to WPA/WPA2 WLAN hosted by my DLink DIR-655
- Connects at data rates higher than G bridges
- Repeater/bridge mode doesn't always share wireless connections well with the host router (occasionally lost upstream connection, requiring power reset)
- System throughput between two RNX-N4PSs in Repeater mode was not as fast as two G dedicated WLAN/Eth bridges. That is despite the fact that both RNXs report connecting at higher data rates.
- After about a month of continuous operation (with occasional power resets, see above) one RNX stopped being able to reliably connect to any WLAN. Site survey reports varying results, can't detect to main host any longer.
Since it is past the 30 day Newegg return envelope, I'm considering processing a support RMA with Rosewill. But I got these on a ShellShocker deal and have not decided if it is worth dumping more $$$ on them for shipping.
They might work great as regular WLAN routers, but that's not why I bought these (Rosewill specs specifically claim these work as bridges).
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!