- 0.8mm cold rolled steel Mini-ITX Desktop
- USB / Audio / e-SATA Front Ports
- 1 External 5.25" Drive Bays
Nerd-tac-ular and fun but needs improvement. 08/11/2009
This review is from: Antec Mini Skeleton-90 0.8mm cold rolled steel Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case
* Very Quite with large fan on low speed. (My CPU fan is adjustable and also on low speed).
* Very small footprint (although there are smaller).
* Unique appearance (is fun to show off).
* Small size makes it difficult to work with (must be patient and creative).
* Cannot use most standard CPU coolers. I am using a Zalman CNPS 7500 and I had to remove 8 screws to remove the top fan housing just to get it on the motherboard and be able to slide the motherboard tray in. (I have less than 3mm worth of clearance). If I had to do this again I would get a low profile fan.
* The power cables are too short and look pretty ugly unless you sleeve them.
* The curved shape of the top of the case makes it impossible to use most low profile video cards as they are too long (I guess you could dremel it but that looks ugly).
* Cables are hard to route.
* Can get dusty (just keep a can of air handy to spruce her up every once in awhile).
* Only 2 USB and audio on front... could use some more options...
I built this machine as a media streamer / guest pc and I am loving it.
I love this case cause it is just different looking and I've gotten bored of the plan old boxes.
I decided to use this case with the 9300 Zotac Board / Intel E6600.
My thoughts for the next revision of this product :
** should build in cable troughs into the side to make it easy to route cables and still keep the lean clean-cut look.
** power cables should be longer and sleeved. Power for drives should come out the back and not the front to preserve appearance. The two fans should just be wired into the power supply directly so you don't have to bundle cables.
** should enlarge the dimensions so you can use full length video card or maybe even full height video card for a killer little gamer box
** The side removable screens are cool. They should add something like that for the front and back with removable cutouts for the CD/DVD drive, fan, etc.
8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!