- The GUCE51 comprises two units, Local and Remote. These units are interconnected with Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6 cabling. Now you can extend peripherals to locations up to 198 feet away.
- Use Cat5, Cat5e,
- $47.99 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Works great, when supplying 5VDC... 04/27/2010
This review is from: IOGEAR GUCE51 USB Ethernet Extender
We performed a detailed test of this product using a 60-ft Cat5e (200 MHz) cable:
* Computer -> USB Extender -> USB Mouse/Keyboard/Stick = Did not work.
* Computer -> USB Extender -> USB Hub (monitor) -> USB Mouse/Keyboard/Stick = Sporadic behavior for the mouse/keyboard; USB hard drive did not work at all.
* Computer -> USB Hub (monitor) -> USB Extender -> USB Mouse/Keyboard/Stick = Mouse and keyboard worked flawlessly, USB hard drive did not work.
Then we connected a 5VDC power source to the receiver, and every configuration worked without problems. We even connected a powered hub on the receiving side: no problems for mouse/keyboard/stick all plugged into the hub and running at the same time.
Does not work well over long distances with no power supplied to receiving end.
IOGEAR should include an AC adapter with this product, even if it raises the price a little.
7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!