- 512MB 64-Bit DDR3
- Core Clock 600 MHz
- 1 x DVI 1 x HDMI
- 80 Stream Processors
- PCI Express 2.0 x16
Super stable, super price! 06/16/2010
I found many Pro's on this card:
Price-$20 after MIR is unbeatable!
Display types: HDMI, VGA, DVI-I: its got em' all!
Stability-stable as a rock!
Great core clock speed for the price-600MHz [3.3 cents a MHz]
Cooling-cool as a cucumber [I attached a simple $1.50 80mm cooling fan to the heatsink to make it even cooler (it was a no brain-er using 2" bolts from OSH through the heatsink with aircraft nuts)]
Quiet-can hear the heatsink, can barely hear the 80mm fan
Capability-Easily handles 1080i
Memory-not DDR2, but DDR3 memory for $20...Wow!
Rebate-Gigabyte has never failed me even once and I have sent in dozens of their rebates over the years...
Power requirements-very low power consumption (only 20 watts).
Acceleration-supports h.264 acceleration
Power-No molex power connector needed
HD-handles High Def no problems at all
Audio-HDMI audio sound is excellent
Blueray-Blue-ray playback is flawless
Temps-37 w/fan, 42 w/o fan
1. Made my fingers tired typing in all the pro's.
2. Doesn't perform quite as well as my 5870, but that is understandable.
You do not need to install an 80mm fan on this 4550 card. I did it for the following reasons:
1. It was totally easy
2. It cost less than $2.00 for the extra parts [OSH]
3. Cooler [the cooler the component, the greater the performance and longevity].
4. I like to tinker and it was fun because it seemed almost as if it was designed to attach an 80mm flush against the heat sink [the holes between the heat sink fins are spaced EXACTLY the distance between the holes on an 80mm fan...can you believe it?
5. I sent this card on a new build to a friend who resides 6 degrees from the equator...and he has no air conditioning at all...so every degree counts!
My last thoughts on this card: if you do not do serious gaming, need a stable reliable card for HTPC or for browsing the internet, there is no better deal than this card for the last several months...so if you are in this category, just buy it!
7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!