- 600 - 2000 RPM
- 21.2 - 76.8 CFM
- $29.99 –
- Save: $5.00 (14%)
- $19.99 after $10.00 rebate card
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
The hype is true! 06/19/2010
This review is from: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
* Installation - After the retention bracket on my motherboard snapped using a Freezer Pro 64, it gave me the opportunity to upgrade to this guy. I had to remove the remains of the previous bracket and install the much more durable all metal bracket that this is made of. Install was intuitive. The extra parts left me wondering what I was leaving out but they were for adding another fan which I wasn't doing. This is far more secure than the clip of the freezer pro.
* Size - I guess in this case it does matter. This guy is big! Much more massive than the freezer pro. But, for me, using a Gigabyte board, it cleared the memory modules and still allowed me to hook things up without issue. It's at least 1.5 inches taller too but still didn't pose an issue for my Cooler Master Scout case.
* Performance - I'm using a Phenom II X2 555. The freezer pro 64 idled at 35C and maxed 51C with a setting of 3.7GHz. The 212 allowed me to OC to 4.2GHz, idles at 34C and max load of 49C. What a deal!!!
* I confess I bought this at a local retailer (fr*s) for $30. I spend a fortune with Newegg which is why I am leaving a review. Not sure why their price is double. For $30, this is a fantastic cpu heat sink.
*I was very skeptical after reading the Maximum PC article on this cooler. For $30, is was out performing coolers 2-3 times as expensive.
* The quality is there. The all metal bracket provides a very strong connection to the motherboard. It allows for another fan if desired.
* Fan is bigger (120mm) than my previous freezer pro (92mm). But it is just as quiet.
* I got a 13% bump in performance; your results may vary ;-).
* Make sure it will fit your case.
* All I can say is the hype is true! This is one awesome heatsink!!!
10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!