- 8 External 5.25" Drive Bays
Fantastic Hot Swap Server Case 07/18/2010
1. Drive bays have no rests: This is a huge pro for this case as this was designed for modular enclosures, not single drives.
2. Does not come with internal SATA enclosures: Invest in a pair of good enclosures like I did. I highly recommend the Netstore NS160S or NS170S.
3. No front fans are a plus: This is a server case and is designed for drive enclosures. Front fans would prohibit and block hot swap functions.
4. Power supply mount: Allows for regular or redundant power supplies to be fitted.
5. No included power supply is great; I can add my own preferred power supply and not have to worry about tossing one out.
6. Decent fan rear, although I replaced it with a better one.
7. What arrived what exactly was shown in the picture. There is nothing missing.
8. No issues with motherboard holes matching up.
9. Great Price for especially for the quality. Solid build.
10. Looks great.
Please ignore the other ratings as this is a server case is designed for a specific purpose (hot swap enclosures) and the other raters didn’t quite grasp the real goodness in this case.
Get this case. You will find it to be a great server case and a great deal.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!