- Radeon HD 5970
- 4GB DDR5
- PCI Express 2.1 x16
One of the best video card 12/12/2010
- 4GB (2GB/GPU)
- Eyefinity 6
- 850mhz speed (without overclock)
- ONLY 2 slots of space used.
- VERY nice packaging with a quality bag that you can keep
- Fan illuminated with a red light
- Stay very cool at the same temperature on both GPU even at 100% load.
- Fan sound is not so bad at low speed.
- Come with 6 video adaptors and lots of stickers + a nice case badge
- Fan can become rather noisy at 100% load. (Don't let that stop you because it won't happen often that you find any application being able to ask 100% load anyway).
- The card is very long so remember to measure your case before buying.
- Even with 6 video adaptors included, the DVI adaptors are only DVI-D adaptors... They should have been DVI-I. It is important to verify your connections on your monitor(s) if you are pluged in DVI because a DVI-I (or even DVI-A for that matter) can NOT plug into a DVI-D (Because 4 pins hole are missing with a DVI-D). Maybe thay have done that because the signal going out is only digital (or not... i didn't test it) but, even then, they should have been DVI-I adaptors for versatility so, obviously, they cut the budget here, which is rather odd for a video card of that price and quality.
- Can't be overclocked too much. (If it is what you want to do, go for the ARES instead).
- It is true that the heat is exhausted at both end of the card but, i don't know why, the temperature of both GPU is alway the same no matter the load. You normally would expect with that type a dual GPU card with a fan in the middle that the one closest to the back is significantly cooler. But those are always equal and rather cool. Which is a very good indication of the quality of construction of this card.
- If you want one, don't let the few cons stop you, you won't be disapointed. It still worth 5 eggs by far.
26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!