- 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5
- Core Clock 850MHz
- 1 x DVI DVI 1 x HDMI HDMI 1 x DisplayPort DisplayPort
- PCI Express 2.1 x16
The Ares 12/19/2010
- Run at 850mhz by default.
- 4gb of memory (2gb / GPU).
- Not so loud under low load.
- A card built with VERY good quality materials.
- 2x8 pins + 1x6 pins of input power for plenty of overclocking potential. (Way better on that aspect than the Black Edition Limited). If you want to overclock a lot, this card is the one for you.
- VERY unique and nice look.
- Nice 100mm fan
- VERY big copper heatsink on each GPU to keep them cool.
- Come with good quality gaming mouse.
- Come with with a nice little badge.
- Come with a nice case that you can keep.
- Both GPU stays cool under 100% load.
- Fan can be rather loud under 100% load (Fortunately, that won't happen often given the power of this card). But if you push the fan to 100% just for the fun, you will swear there is a plane's tubine in your PC and it will start going to fly.
- The biggest con is that it takes 3 slots of space by just a little. They should have either built it a little smaller to take just 2 slots of space or take the whole 3 slot of space by putting a 3 fans system that would have been far quieter under heavy load. Why they decided to choose between the 2 and take 3 slots of space by so little is a mystery to me.
- Well... Everybody already said it and i will say it again: This card is VERY HUGE. In fact it's a monster. Even the Black Edition Limited seems like a kid's toy when you compare them. Take measures in your PC before buying and not only the lenght and height but also the width can be tricky in some PC. Be aware!
- This card weight over 5 lbs. Try to support it to protect you mother
- Not really a con because both GPU stays cool anyway under 100% load but the second GPU (the one nearest to the front of the PC) tend to be always a little hotter than the first GPU (the one near the exhaust behind the pc). Which indicate that the flow of air is very good (because they both stays cool anyway) but not perfect like the Black Edition Limited where both GPU temperature are always the same.
- This card is one of the best. If you want a video card that you can overclock like crazy, this is the card for you and go for it.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!