- 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector
- 10 feet Cord Length
Solid headphones but not perfect 05/17/2011
This review is from: SONY MDR-V6 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Circumaural Studio Monitor Series Headphone
1. There is no doubt that these headphones sound great. Just a great clear transparency to the sound. I have found many details in songs i did not know were there. Generally excellent frequency response including bass. The bass response is... different.... from what I am used to, maybe a little "weaker", but more detailed and accurate, and the bass hits very low. Almost like it has reduced the loud "boominess" of what I am used to and shifted that power down lower into previously unknown frequencies. Plenty loud if you need it.
2. I find them very comfortable to wear once your head gets used to it. They are not too hot. Of course any closed ear phone is going to heat up your ears, because that is the point, to isolate the ears, but these are not too bad. This is obviously subjective tho.
1. Cord comes down the left side. I know this is personal preference, but for me I prefer the right side since my gear is on that side of my desk, plus when walking around I like to have my mp3 player in my right pocket. But disregard if you don't care about that.
2. Heavy coiled cord. The coil is nice I suppose to eliminate tangled cord, but it is so heavy I have to place it in my lap to avoid the weight pulling on my head. Also makes usage with a portable device awkward because you have to stuff the huge cord into your pocket.
3. The collapsible nature of the phones is sometimes a little annoying when trying to put on. They like to "self-collapse" a lot.
4. High frequencies sound a little harsh at very high volume. Maybe its my source material, who knows.
I guess now that I look at it my complaints are basically only with the cord.
No problem driving them with a Denon AVR-1707 receiver and a Creative Zen.
Headphones are very subjective, but so far these are the best I have owned.
3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!