- 11 Function Keys
Gritty, but Wanting. 11/15/2011
This review is from: AZIO KB588U Levetron Mech4 Mechanical Keyboard
- Looks gritty. I love the way it looks; in fact, that was one reason why I wanted to buy this keyboard.
- Feels stable. When I press a key I get this satisfaction in me. The buttons don't feel cheap or too light, they feel just right to me.
- I now have too many extra buttons that I don't know what to do with them. That's a good thing, though! The more the better.
- Detachable keypad. I never thought I'd need it but to have it is a nice feature.
- First one had some defects. Took another week to get the second keyboard in.
- The CD that came with the keyboard didn't work when I installed it. I had to go to Azio's website and download the software from there. Thankfully that version worked.
- I've only had this board for a few days and I can see the letters fading already. As someone stated, it would've been nice to have the letters etched in or something to prevent fading, but that might up the cost. And speaking of that,
- The cost. This is the first item I've ever had that I needed to RMA. It's probably just a bad luck thing, but I've never had a single item from Newegg that was defective until now. Azio needs to up their game.
- I really like how it sounds when typing, and I also like the software and how I can macro my spare keys, though sometimes media key commands won't work properly with Winamp. Unless I turn off some other software.
- This is a pro to me but I don't really like backlit keys. For the sake of fairness, seeing as this may be a preference I'm placing this bullet in this section.
- If this second keyboard had any defects I would've given this item a way, way lower score. It really shouldn't have gotten 4 eggs from me but I simply enjoy how it looks, sounds, and works. Even with that said this keyboard could benefit more from some other extra features, and perhaps the volume knob could be more responsive and quicker, but I don't really mind how it is. Everything works, that's great to me.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!