- Steel structure with black brushed aluminum faceplate ATX Mid Tower
- USB 2.0 x 2, USB 3.0 x 2, IEEE 1394 x 1, Headphone x 1, Mic x 1, 4-channel Fan Controller Front Ports
- 4 External 5.25" Drive Ba
- $179.99 –
- $14.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Absolutely amazing 11/22/2011
This review is from: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Case
I don't even know where to begin with this case...
- tons of room for virtually ANY hardware you may have, be it a massive cpu cooler or a long graphics card
- very clean and simple exterior, which I like. other cases such as the HAF 922 have too much going on on the outside for my liking
- side-panel window lets me see my beautiful parts. i also have a little hulk figurine sitting on my psu cause my computer has a green theme to it and i figured it'd barely make a difference to my temps
- awesome temps! even at full loads my gpu hits about ~75oC and my cpu <50oC
- cable management is a dream. barely any cables visible.
- removable HDD case allows you to be creative with additional fans (i have two extra 120mm's, one in my three spare 5.25" bays, and one sitting where my top HDD cage used to be. all fastened with zip and twist ties, on foam to reduce vibration (not really necessary)
the fan controller on my case got fried within 3 weeks, emailed corsair customer support, they asked me where i bought the case and date of purchase, then sent me a free replacement without asking any further questions. best customer experience i've ever had! on top of that, they gave me free EXPRESS shipping as opposed to standard. replacement arrived in two days :)
usb 3.0 passthroughs. i just bought a adapter separately to fix this.
another thing is that they should've punched out the side-panel behind the mobo tray a little, because closing it with all of the cables might make the panel bulge out a bit for some people. I got creative and routed everything flat against the mobo tray with a few extra zip ties so that it closes with ease, but most people are probably too lazy. i'm just stingy like that.
also wish the top vent came with a filter like the front and underside of the psu mount, but whatever. ordered a custom filter from a third party manufacturer :P
added two logisys 15" green cathodes, and my case is b-e-a-utiful. even my mom complimented it when she saw it (she's never too thrilled when i buy new things, such as an entire computer).
also, i see that a lot of people want the option to add fans to the side panel. corsair recently added case accessories to their site, so go grab the mesh insert if you want. there are also replacement 200mm fans for the case, and also a solid side panel. no more need to complain. awesome.
last point: for those of you who want the custom filter for the case, here are the dimensions you need to cover the vent (courtesy of some dude on some forum i stumbled upon. just saving you some time to measure or find the dimensions):
I/D: 300mm x 204mm
O/D: 324mm x 228mm
(I/D = inside dimensions, O/D = outside dimensions)
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!