- Supported Devices: SATA,IDE(PATA), Optical Drives
- Device Size: 2.5" & 3.5" & 5.25" & SSDs
- External Interface: USB 3.0 (Backwards Compatible With USB 2.0 & 1.1)
- HD Capacity: Up to 3.0 TB
- Power Supply: AC Adapter
- Material: Plastic
- *SATA Optical drives (Cd-rom/Blu-ray/DVD-r) are supported through USB 2.0 only
- System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32 or 64 Bit)
- Mac OS X v10.4 and Up
- USB 1.1 or 2.0 or 3.0 Equipped System
- For USB 3.0 Speeds, System Must Support USB 3.0 Specifications
- Compact And Light Design For Easy Storage
- Supports IDE (PATA) & SATA Hard Drives/SSDs/Optical Drives
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps w/USB 3.0
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps w/USB 2.0
- Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Hi-Quality Shielded USB 3.0 Cable Ensures Data Integrity and Speed
- Hot-Swappable: Plug & Play Without Rebooting
- Supports 2.5" & 3.5" & 5.25"
- Attractive LED Indicates Power & HDD Activity
- $36.99 36.99
- $31.99 –
- Save: $5.00 (14%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Useless with USB 3.0 12/26/2011
This review is from: VANTEC CB-ISATAU3 NexStar SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter - 2.5"/3.5"/5.25"/SSDs
Works fine when using a USB 2.0 port.
When using USB 3.0, I'm having the exact same issues as Tekpal. At first, it detects the drive and works fine, but after anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes, the external drive is no longer accessible.
I've been using USB 2.0 versions of these adapters for a long time without any issues. I bought this USB 3.0 adapter for the additional speed, but it appears to be useless when using a USB 3.0 port. But no problems when you use a USB 2.0 port. I'm wondering if there's a design flaw, especiallty since Tekpal has the exact same issue.
I already checked the Vantec support webpage and there's nothing helpful there. So I'm going to call their tech support line tomorrow to see if they can help resolve the USB 3.0 issue.
I am deeply sorry that your product is not working properly. There is a small amount of CB-ISATAU3 that had the problem you described, which has since been fixed. Please contact our support team so we start your RMA process at email@example.com.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!