- ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91
- 80 PLUS GOLD Certified
- 100 - 240 V 50/60 Hz
- +3.3V@20A, +5V@20A, +12V@54A, -12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2.5A
- $139.99 139.99
- $109.99 –
- Save: $30.00 (21%)
- $89.99 after $20.00 rebate card
- $4.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Useful for defeating the Spider Queen 01/16/2012
- Extremely Quiet, much quieter than my old PSU. Allows better stealth when quietly destroying the Spider Queen's minions.
- All cable sleeves and plastic fittings are black. This will look good in nearly every case out there, and is much harder to see at night.
- Built for SLI (many PSU's claim they're "SLI ready" but they dont have the four PCI-e power connectors needed for many SLI setups today. This one has four) Doesn't aid in quest for Spider Queen, but makes my computer look cooler.
-Motherboard power cables are very long, giving my weapons much more range against the Spider Queen.
-7 year warranty, meaning I may use as many of these as I need to completely annihilate the Queen.
-Black bag that comes with PSU is cute, somewhat helps to organize the 5 year collection of SATA, Ribbon, and miscellaneous Power cables that most computer owners have accumulated. Doesn't aid in quest for destruction of Spider Queen.
-Build quality seems very solid. The Queen's final
- Manual is a bit short leaving little to know about the Spider Queen's behavior. Only 7% of owners even read the manual, so this is a minor issue.
- Cable management can be a bit tricky. All of the cables are set up in ribbon form, and when you need to twist or rotate a power connection (such as a SATA port) it can be a little annoying. Your hands will suffer, not your case, so not enough to take an egg away for.
- Doesn't come with Sting.
Just a word of advice: most users find that the higher the wattage, the better the PSU. This completely depends on the demands of your computer. A normal gaming computer (3-5 case fans, 2 HDD's, GTX Video Card) runs on about 400 W.
I'm running two GTX 560's, 3 HDD's, 6 case fans, and a mid-end motherboard. This PSU handle's that load perfectly, and quietly.
The moral: don't spend too much on a PSU that you'll only use 40% of.
7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!