- Connector A: (X3) HD15 (FEMALE)
- Connector B: (X2) RJ45 (FEMALE)
- Connector C: (X3) 3.5MM (FEMALE)
- $159.99 159.99
- $145.99 –
- Save: $14.00 (9%)
- $7.56 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Works pretty well 01/21/2012
This review is from: Tripp Lite VGA + Audio over Cat5 Extender Kit (Transmitter + Receiver) B130-101A
- Easy to install.
- Does a good job sending the video+audio to the remote end.
- Handy video and audio passthrough connectors on the computer end.
- A little ghosting on the remote picture.
- Remote video not a sharp as with digital transmission, but probably about as good as can be expected otherwise.
- Power supplies required on both end of the link.
- The remote display's EDID is not supported by the link. In my case, this is actually a pro because I can set the screen resolution to what I want, instead of what Windows would otherwise allow.
The only reason for not giving a 5-egg rating is the slight ghosting on the remote picture. The image looks the same with a short patch cable connection, or through about 100' of cat6 wire with a patch panel in the middle. If I'm more than a few feet from the tv screen the ghosting is a nit. If the TV is used as a monitor for serious text reading, a digital link would be better. For casual browsing or looking at photos and videos, this product does a great job, and the easy installation is wonderful.
I apologize for the issues that you had with the B130-101A. We recommend connecting this unit to the application with solid conductor patch cable (Tripp Lite’s N202-series). Using these cables will provide the enhanced video quality over long distances that you are looking for. If you have any additional questions or comments , please contact our Chicago based Tech Support team at 773-869-1234 and they would be happy to assist you further. Thank you.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!