- Boasts two 5.25" Bi-Laminate composite dynamic balance drivers stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and midrange clarity with lower distortion.
- A 1-inch Fabric/Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Dome Tweeter with powerful Neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- Features small-diameter driver design that delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 0.75"-thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality. Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.
- Tuned Flared Port minimizes port noise for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
- $299.99 299.99
- $149.99 –
- Save: $150.00 (50%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Worth it! 01/31/2012
This review is from: Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker (Black) Pair
Very Clear sound
Very good power handling
Good height, great width
The depth is awkward, will need extended shelves if that is what you prefer for wall mounting to avoid altering the speakers themselves.
Talked to electrical engineer regarding impedance. When hooked up to an Ohm meter these register at 4 Ohm instead of the stated 8 Ohm. The electrical engineer explained the crossover is responsible for this error in resistance reading and that during nominal power output to the speakers it will correctly register to the amplifier/receiver a rough average of 8 Ohm. So worry not if you decided to do the same thing.
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!