- Compact And Light Design For Easy Storage
- Supports IDE (PATA) & SATA Hard Drives/SSDs/Optical Drives
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps w/USB 3.0
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps w/USB 2.0
- Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Hi-Quality Shielded USB 3.0 Cable Ensures Data Integrity and Speed
- Hot-Swappable: Plug & Play Without Rebooting
- Supports 2.5" & 3.5" & 5.25"
- Attractive LED Indicates Power & HDD Activity
USB 3.0 still doesn't work 02/03/2012
This review is from: VANTEC CB-ISATAU3 NexStar SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter - 2.5"/3.5"/5.25"/SSDs
This device works fine with USB 2.0.
I contacted Vantec support directly. They had me update my USB 3.0 drivers, but that didn't help. So they sent me a replacement device. IT HAS THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! This device is completely useless with USB 3.0 because it hangs either after a couple of seconds or several minutes. And the main reason I bought this was for the speed advantages of USB 3.0.
Stick with a USB 2.0 device until they redesign the USB 3.0 device to work properly.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!