- Intel Z68
- Core i7 / i5 / i3 (LGA1155)
- DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066
Get coffee and prepare the spend time with this thing.... 04/08/2012
This review is from: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
A lot of functionality - just need to spend time with this thing up front.
There's a lot of proprietary features if you are dead set on playing with OC ....
* SATA II and SATA III mixutre. Annoying.
you CAN'T use both raid controllers at same time !! has
* marvell and intel RST. I find this portion of the design Frankenstein-like and ridiculous. I don't think this is necessarily a gigabyte thing so do your research.
* Intel RST SSD acceleration buggy - just get yourself a large capacity SSD if that's your thing and forget all this caching nonsense.
* Make sure you put your DVD SATA cable in port 0 and change bios settings to EFI boot or you won't get your > 2TB functionality.
* Limited BIOS memory - causes conflicts with a variety of PCIe add-ons and the WILL NOT FUNCTION right or at all....
If I had to do it all over again I would go with a different consumer mobo - didn't have all these issues in past with ASUS boards
3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!