- Durable rubber
- USB 3.0
- R/W: 80/40 MB/sec. max.
- Model CMFVY3S-32GB
- 80MB/sec. read, 40MB/sec. write
Great if the conditions are right 04/23/2012
This review is from: CORSAIR Flash Voyager 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model CMFVY3S-32GB
So I bought this drive and formatted NTFS. Plugged it into USB3.0 slot. The performance of write speed on this drive varies depending on where you copy from. Here are some average speed from win7 64bit tests.
* HHD copy 4GB file to corsair USB3.0 = 80MB/s
* SSD copy 4GB file to corsair USB3.0 = 110MB/s
* HDD USB2.0 drive copy 4GB file to corsair USB3.0 = 40MB/s
* corsair USB3.0 copy 4GB file to itself = 40MB/s
* Watched raw, large, high res 2560x1440 videos off the drive no problem. We are talking continous I/O speed of 80MB/s.
* To achieve high copy speed to this drive, your system really needs 12 to 16GB RAM to buffer the speed. Literally I can watch the memory buffer fly up.
* The initial boost of the buffer speed of a copy can be as high as 500MB/s, then it drops to the average speed rather quickly.
* Performance is there when the conditions are right. If your system is slow, don't get this drive.
* Don't know about the reliability yet.
* With the current state of win7 64bit USB3.0 drivers, this is as far as this drive can go. Maybe win8 will be better.
3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!