- Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair)
- Wi-Fi/GPS Qwerty Keyboard
- 2.8" TFT Touch Screen
This review is from: Motorola Flipout MB511 Black/White 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with Android 2.1
- The keyboard is nice.
- Touch screen is a nice feature.
- The GPS feature seems to work pretty well.
- Cool form factor.
- BATTERY LIFE. I've never seen a phone with such a poor battery. I just don't get it.
I really don't. Keep a charger handy.
If use the GPS, you're done lol.
Stream Pandora, you're done.
Send a lot of texts, you guessed it. Done.
- You can't upgrade the OS so it's stuck at 2.1.
- The camera is awful and pretty much useless.
- The notification light when you get a text or email isn't very good. The few home buttons blink but they blink white and the buttons are white to begin with so I have to literally stare at my phone for a few seconds to wait and see (not like a BlackBerry for example that will blink with a red LED).
- I've had numerous connection issues with Facebook and other apps. I pretty much use my company phone for everything from an entertainment standpoint.
- It has also rebooted on me 2 times in one day and I'm unsure why.
I have an iPhone my job provided but I wanted a personal phone with my own number, etc.
I went with StraightTalk and bought this phone because I wanted a phone with a decent keyboard.
I do very much like the keyboard but there is one strange quirk.
If I type in a symbol such as "$" it automatically places it one space back.
Very frustrating. So if I type:
"I paid $20 for the bag of dope."
It will show as:
If you try to be slick and add 2 spaces to compensate it makes a "." lol. You have to literally move the cursor back and add the space.
I don't know, maybe it's just my phone or an Android 2.1 issue.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!