- 2TB, SATA 6Gb/s NCQ
- Desktop or all-in-one PCs to equip home servers
- Store active archive data
- Outfit direct - attached, entry-level external storage devices (DAS)
- 2 years limited warranty
- $99.99 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Nice drives, when they work.
- A few months ago, I ordered two of these drives; one failed within a week. I had NewEgg RMA it and the replacement worked, so I chalked it up to bad luck.
- During a recent promotion, I ordered a third identical model. It was DOA. Now I have lost my patience.
Where exactly does Seagate get their reliability statistics from? Just for the heck of it, I read their data sheet on this model, where they list an "Annualized Failure Rate" of <1%. Really??? Then I must be the most unlucky guy in the world, to order 3 drives, clearly from different production runs, and experience a failure rate as delivered of >66%. Judging by other people's reviews here, I am forced to say Seagate is flat-out lying about their reliability.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!