- Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower
- USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 3, Audio
- 3 x 120mm fans, 1200 RPM
Good first draft, but wait for the next revision 09/08/2012
This review is from: NZXT H2 H2-001-BK Black Steel / Plastic Classic Silent ATX Mid Tower Chassis
Lots of good features. The external HD dock is great, and the positioning of the front panel is perfect if the case is going on the floor. The built-in case fans are quiet, and the built-in fan header is a wonderful feature. It is, overall, a quiet case, exactly as intended. Much less garish than most enthusiast cases.
* Insufficient airflow that could be easily fixed by cutting larger holes in the door.
* Lots of thumbscrews, but all of them are too tight to tighten by hand.
* Fan filters, but the front panel filters are extremely difficult to remove, and the bottom filter for the power supply is removed from the rear, meaning I will likely never end up removing it.
* Gaskets around the largest cable management holes, but the gaskets fall off as soon as you try to insert a cable.
* Hard drive caddies are difficult enough to install properly that it took me 40 minutes to install 3 hard drives.
* Not enough cable tie-down points on the motherboard tray.
* Difficult to differentiate between the power and reset switches, and the placement worries me that I'll hit one of them while futzing with the front panel.
* The front door only opens 90 degrees.
* Angular design is not quite as sleek and refined as other cases going for the same market.
With some revisions, this could be a great case. As it stands now however, I would give it a pass for a more build-friendly case with similar noise characteristics, even though it means losing out on its unique features.
If you're looking to put a high TDP rig in this case, it will be quiet while idle, but noisy under load as the internal fans spin up to compensate for the poor airflow. In my case, that's with an 80 watt TDP CPU and 170 watt TDP video card. Supposedly an easy mod that improves the airflow is to cut a larger hole in the bottom of the door, but I have not yet attempted that.
If you're looking to go SLI in a quiet case...look somewhere else.
We want to thank you for being a customer of NZXT and we appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback and will continue to strive to make our products better.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!