- $119.99 119.99
- $109.99 –
- Save: $10.00 (8%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
This review is from: areca ARC-6120-3 Controller Card Backup Battery
- Allows you to safely enable write-back cache.
- Lights up and emits a quiet beep every few seconds if you have an unclean shutdown and the battery is powering the cache.
- Works with the ARC-12xx, ARC16xx, and ARC-1880 products. Doesn't work with the new ARC-1882ix.
- Overpriced for a battery.
- Had to buy a replacement after couple years as the controller reported the battery was no longer good.
- No alerts/warning about the bad battery, so effectively I was operating in an unsafe mode for several months. (Maybe I just didn't have the alerts configured; suggest you test)
It would be nice if Areca designed these in such a way that the user could replace the battery on the module with a cheap, generic one. Also if it squawked a bit more when the battery needs replacement.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!