- 22nm Ivy Bridge 77W
- 6MB L3 Cache
- 4 x 256KB L2 Cache
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- $239.99 239.99
- $234.99 –
- $2.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
HP4000 Driver Doesn't Play well with Older DVI Monitors 01/17/2013
1. Probably the best bang for the buck at the moment.
2. Overclocking ability.
3. If you're migrating from a mid-range or lower 5 year old build, you'll be ecstatic about the speed for the price point.
4. Integrated graphics means you can do a decent respectable budget (tower only) build for about $600 (Caution: see Con: 1)
1. HP4000 Graphics driver loses DVI signal at startup with older non-PnP monitors.
2. Included stock fan wire management encourages wires to get stuck in fan.
3. If your migrating from a mid-range or higher 2.5 year old build, you won't notice much if any difference in speed.
Without overclocking either system, the new "I5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 77W" is basically equal to my 2.5 year old "I7 930 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W".
Performance is good, and I would buy this CPU again. Just don't expect the on-chip graphics to beat a 2.5 year old Radeon HD 5970 Graphics Card.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!