- 1280 x 800
- 300 ANSI Lumens
- 30" - 80"
>17hrs Use = Flickering Colors? 01/18/2013
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Portable Projector HDMI 1280x800 300 ANSI Lumens 10000:1
- Small, portable, great for deployment... at least for one season of Spartacus and a hand full of movies at one or two sessions a night until it decides to stop working.
- $350 + $25 for APO shipping for 17 hours of use worth it? NO!
- Did I mention it stopped working properly after merely 17 hours of use at one to three hour sessions each night until then?
- Loud fans (didn't bother me when it worked)
- No simple lens cap to protect the lens while still being plugged in (I could unplug everything and put it back in the case after each session, but... no).
- Speaker is a waste of hardware space and money for the product (I used a pair of Bluetooth headphones instead).
- Glossy exterior attracts finger prints (doesn't bother me here)
- You cannot focus everything, there will always be a blurry area.
- 30 day replacement only, which is useless for me in Afghanistan, because it took 20 days to get to me. $375 down the drain. I'm pretty furious...
- Useless blinking blue light when in standby mode (manufacturers, I can tell when something is plugged in; I do not need a light to obnoxiously remind me every other second).
Whatever happened, it wasn't due to my faults. I set this thing up on a trip pod and I've left in that spot for about two weeks. I'd only used it for about one to three hours each night and it worked wonderfully. Around ten hours of use it started flickering the colors. I messed around with the settings and found that turning down the color temperature from the default 'high' to 'med' stopped this until last night. Now it flickers between red, blue, and green unless I turn the color temperature down to 'low,' but then it only displays blue and green colors. There's no red present at all. It's a paper weight for me now, I can't get a refund, I can't return it, and I highly doubt Dell is going to do a darn thing about it.
I take care of my things; I'm OCD as hell. I didn't knock it at all, I didn't drop it, I didn't leave it exposed to the elements, and I didn't overuse it. The information screen says it's been used for a total of 17 hours. I covered it up every night after I was done with a towel AFTER it had finished cooling itself off with the loud fans. It's just a faulty device, period.
I buy things highly based on their reviews, and did not expect this thing to malfunction this soon. I'm very disappointed...
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!