- Fits four 2.5" SAS/SATA SSD/HDD in a 5.25" device bay
- Support SAS 2.0 & SATA 6Gb/s
- Support SAS dual channel
- Heavy duty full metal construction
- 3-year mfg warranty
- UL Listed
- $99.99 99.99
- $79.99 –
- Save: $20.00 (20%)
- $69.99 after $10.00 rebate
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Fantastic use of space. 02/04/2013
• Sturdy, all-metal construction. Keeps things cool, and feels like quality.
• A single 5.25in bay turns into 4 hot-swappable 2.5in drive bays: great if you're low on expansion space, or just have a lot of drives to connect.
• Drive carriages interchangeable with other Icy Dock products, and extras available on NewEgg--see item #N82E16817994125.
• Easy to install, and for me, everything worked as it should out of the box.
None so far. Maybe slightly quieter fans would be nice, but they don't exactly bother me.
Bought two of these (along with its cousin, the 2 x 2.5in + optical bay--see item #N82E16817994146) and couldn't be happier with them. Drives are easy enough to swap, and the metal carriages provide extra protection when outside the computer. Two of these give me eight hot-swappable SATA/SAS bays from only two 5.25in slots--a very efficient use of space for me.
Some other reviewers have noted that they don't see the HDD activity LEDs working. I can confirm that they are there, and they do work, under the correct circumstances. As Icy Dock says in their documentation, the amber activity lights depend upon the disk and controller you use to provide the correct signaling. For example, SATA drives I have used running in Windows don't seem to show any activity lights, but on my SAS controller in BSD, the amber lights start flashing.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!