- 1700 RPM +/- 10% max. 57 CFM
- Radiator Dim. 120 x 152 x 27mm
- Fan Dim. 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Fan Noise 30.32 dBA
- $64.99 –
- Save: $13.00 (17%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great Cooler, Bad Instructions! 03/13/2013
This review is from: CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 120mm
I used this for an Intel i7 LGA-2011 socket CPU so I can only speak on using it with this socket. I’ll start by stating it works great and the fan is almost silent, but the instructions that came with it are a different story. It only took 5 minutes to install since LGA-2011 motherboard already had back plate.
One of the included (and necessary) pieces for an LGA-2011 socket install isn’t even mentioned in the documentation. It’s the piece that locks the pump to the retention ring. I highly recommend watching the YouTube video uploaded by HiTechLegion titled Corsair H55 Cooler Installation Guide for AMD and Intel Motherboards as I did. It helped tremendously.
1. With LGA-2011 motherboards the back plate is already installed so if you’re using this for LGA-2011 you do not need to remove the motherboard.
2. I can only speak for an LGA-2011 install, but make sure you clamp the pump between the retention ring and the piece not mentioned in the instructions BEFORE placing over CPU and tightening to motherboard (see YouTube video mentioned above).
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!