- SECC 0.8mm MicroATX Desktop
- 400W SFX Power Supply
- 1 External 5.25" Drive Bays
- 1 Internal 3.5" Drive Bays
Just-right sized case 05/03/2013
Ideal size for a mATX or smaller board. Nice layout and pretty solidly built (esp. for the cost).
Only two things I'm not thrilled with:
1) The headphone jack on the front is a little weird. When plugging in a cord, there was a lot of resistance, to the point I was afraid I'd break the plastic around it. Hopefully it'll loosen up a bit or I'll just plug into the jack on the back of the box.
2) One of the fans has a standard 3-pin connector so the mobo/bios can control the speed, but the other just connects to MOLEX, so it's running full-speed all the time. It's not really that loud, but it does limit this case's usefulness for an HTPC.
An old ECS Atom330 mATX board slid right into place, along with a DVD-RW drive a a 3.5" HDD. Other reviews mention clearance issues between the back of the optical drive a CPU heatsink/fan, but that's going to vary from one mobo to the next (they don't all put the CPU in the exact same spot). Plus, optical drives these days are pretty compact, so it probably won't be an issue for you.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!